TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Footpeg options!

7K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  bcscammell 
#1 ·
Hello TW freaks. I have had my 2001 TW for a couple months now and it is certainly everything I knew it would be! Hooray! I love this thing. I have only ridden my WR250f once since I got it! So I am interested in hearing what larger pegs you guys have used. I have a hard time deciding what to get next! Rear rack? Front tire? smaller tail light AAARGH! After Thursdays 30 miles of singletrack and 1 sore toe I am thinking about footpegs. I know the pegs will not give me more ground clearance but more grip for sure.

Yamamont

p.s. pic of my bike posting soon. Have very much enjoyed all the info and ride pics here on the forum.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Here's a shot of my R/H D2Moto peg and what I did with the original peg.

#11 ·
Rich, I checked out the links you posted and it seems everyone liked the D2Moto footpegs. Went to D2Moto site but no TW200 pegs listed. The prices listed for some other bikes were like $6.99. Is this for real?

Dan

PS Sorry about the pants remark on the chain thread. Hope I didn't offend anyone but the picture was way too funny to not comment. I'll buy ya a beer next trip to the dry side.

#12 ·
Fleabay ones work til they dont. Mine are still in good shape but I bring my stockers just in case. Just another thing to throw in the tool bag with my stock shifter and other random things.

#14 ·
IIRC the pegs were listed as PW pegs.

The cast iron versions are bombproof, but it doesn't appear as if they offer them anymore.

In fact they even specify that certain pegs will NOT fit TW's/PW's.

They're semi-local and pretty easy to talk to. I may cruise by there and light a fire nder them next time I'm down that way.

#16 ·
I doubt that D2Moto is going to restock this foot peg. They dropped the "out of stock" and took it off their site. I'm late to the game so I missed getting these, but if I could get a pair of them... I could have someone source them in China, or even get a price for the tooling to make them. It would be nice if we could find the factory that was making them. Someone in China has the original tooling!

Better yet would be to make it here! We don't need a full container of these. This is the kind of part that some job shop in America could have made for us at a good price not that long ago. It's freaking cast iron.

Anyone know anyone in the cast iron business? It would be nice to knock off a cheap Chinese part and make a good one locally.

#17 ·
I have a set of D2 Moto pegs I bought 3 years ago on Mrs. Trip's 2007. Those pegs are very good.

I ordered a pair of the pegs currently on Ebay for my new to me 2007 TW. They are die cast zinc aluminum...total crap. I sent them back to the vendor for my money back. They are dangerous...they might be alright for a child on a PW50, but they are not safe for a 200 lb adult standing on them over rough terrain.

I bought a new pair of Super Stock pegs since they were the only choice left. They are great, made in USA. I'm glad I got them they are well worth the money.

#19 ·
Yes. They are noticeably nicer quality than the D2Moto pegs, and I did not have to drill them to make them fit.

But they were WAY more expensive. I would have bought another set of the D2 ones, but what are you going to do?

#22 ·
I modified the originals as they are hard on the feet while standing offroad. If others are having a hard time finding what they want maybe a buddy with a welder would be willing to help out. It costs very little for the metal, 2 feet of 1" x .125" flatbar and some paint. The fabrication can be done by hand with basic hand tools. Mine are as tough as the originals and are a lot more comfortable. I know cause I've tried to break them a bunch of times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.