New tires from Kenda
Close

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ship View Post
    Anyone use one of these ?

I doubt anyone has tried these. They don't offer a size for the TW for either the front or rear.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

6-ply. Wouldn't surprise me if it is really heavy. Should be great offroad, but will probably do weird things on pavement, as most aggressive tires do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    I doubt anyone has tried these. They don't offer a size for the TW for either the front or rear.
    The 110/100-18 is almost exactly the same as our original, maybe a little narrower.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    6-ply. Wouldn't surprise me if it is really heavy. Should be great offroad, but will probably do weird things on pavement, as most aggressive tires do.
    Lighter than the 5.10 x 18 K270. The tread pattern of the K775 looks similar to the Dunlop 606 which some people seem to praise for dirt mostly dual sport. That K772 seems somewhat less aggressive than the 760 trackmaster.DOT approved.I do agree it doesn.t look like the best street tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Ship View Post
    The 110/100-18 is almost exactly the same as our original, maybe a little narrower.

If you do the math it's about a half inch shorter and almost an inch narrower. Neither of those factors should be an issue, except your rim may be a little more exposed than usual. The stock rim is 2.5 inches wide and most 110/100 tires call for a 1.85 or a 2.15 inch wide rim. It will probably fit but may not be ideal.

The 6 ply will probably make the sidewall a little stiffer so the bike will turn quicker. I installed a Kenda Big Block 140/80-18 on my TW and it steers so much faster now with the stiffer sidewall.

If you do this make sure to take pictures and post results. It looks like this tire will have some serious bite off road!
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    If you do the math it's about a half inch shorter and almost an inch narrower. Neither of those factors should be an issue, except your rim may be a little more exposed than usual. The stock rim is 2.5 inches wide and most 110/100 tires call for a 1.85 or a 2.15 inch wide rim. It will probably fit but may not be ideal.

The 6 ply will probably make the sidewall a little stiffer so the bike will turn quicker. I installed a Kenda Big Block 140/80-18 on my TW and it steers so much faster now with the stiffer sidewall.

If you do this make sure to take pictures and post results. It looks like this tire will have some serious bite off road!
    I didn't do the math cause I'm one of the few Canadians that hate metric. The specs for the K775 on the Kenda website say 110/100-18 has a diameter of 26.35 inches and a section width of 4.98 inches. I couldn't find the diameter of the original Bridgestone but figured that was pretty close.

The tires do look pretty aggressive for the road but I thought because of the DOT rating someone may have tried them.

Sponosred Links