AGM or Lead acid battery.......Yuasa. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: AGM or Lead acid battery.......Yuasa.

Ken
    Please do as mrimd above says and charge it fully before use just as you would a new wet battery. If you don't have one get the 2 prong pig tail connector and a 1-1.5 amp automatic trickle charger. This makes it quick and easy to charge or just maintain your battery on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    It is significantly smaller in size than the stock battery. You'll have to make a couple fillers. Cranks over fine. Performance is not lacking because of its small size. An excellent choice in AGM.
    Made no sense to me that there was a "wet" battery in a dual-sport bike. BTW... that is a really incredible price at $30.00 for this battery. I think I paid a bunch more.

Attachment 77473

Attachment 77481

Attachment 77489
    It may not be the exact battery, the specs seem to be exactly the same. I will take some pics and let people know what I think of it as well after I get it.
    Ken likes this.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    Yuasa makes great batteries.
    An AGM is highly recommended for motorcycles over a standard lead acid battery because it won't spill acid if the bike goes down, which can be detrimental to you as well as to the bike. And they last longer and are more tolerant to recovering from discharges.
    And I've posted this innumerable times before -- an AGM battery MUST be fully charged before putting into service, DO NOT rely on the guy in the battery store selling it to you telling you it's good to go, to just put it in and use it. YOU must put it on a charger and get it up to full charge before first use or it will suffer an early death, like after trying to start your bike 2 or 3 times it may already be shot. That advice comes directly from Yuasa and every other AGM battery manufacturer if you bother to read the directions for use inside the box.
    Excellent advise that is REAL. Yep , I'm a follow the instructions type. Johnny pimples behind the counter at times has no clue. Just take the time and do the job / service correctly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    That Walmart battery is listed as 6AH, which is a little small in capacity compared to what Yamaha recommends. While it will probably work to start the bike, if for some reason you need to crank it multiple times, it will die or discharge earlier than the recommended 7Ah size. Most people would rather have a slightly larger 8AH capacity if the size of the battery will fit in the space, just to be on the safe side. I would rather spend a few dollars more and get a larger capacity battery, and my 7Ah AGM cost me the same $29.95 on the auction site, also shipped for free.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    That Walmart battery is listed as 6AH, which is a little small in capacity compared to what Yamaha recommends. While it will probably work to start the bike, if for some reason you need to crank it multiple times, it will die or discharge earlier than the recommended 7Ah size. Most people would rather have a slightly larger 8AH capacity if the size of the battery will fit in the space, just to be on the safe side. I would rather spend a few dollars more and get a larger capacity battery, and my 7Ah AGM cost me the same $29.95 on the auction site, also shipped for free.
    Which battery did you get?
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NPHLYT View Post
    Which battery did you get?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Thanks. I am bad about introducing myself.

I have a 2003 TW (2300 miles) that belongs to a friend who put it in storage and then moved to Sweden. 11 years ago.... He placed 2 RVs in uncovered storage, they both perished from rain water ingress. 7 motorcycles, 1 - 1967 VW beetle (restored), and a 14' boat in enclosed storage. He asked me to get rid all of his toys except the bug.

I may buy the TW for myself, depending on the issues I find with it. I just put a new tank and petcock on it. Changed the oil last night.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

I also have 7 motorcycles of my own. I need to start thinning my herd.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

What do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by NPHLYT View Post
    I also have 7 motorcycles of my own. I need to start thinning my herd.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    What do you have?
    1963 Sears Allstate Puch SG250
    1970 CB750 cafe project
    1972 Jawa/CZ 175
    1974 Jawa/CZ 175 (1 of these 2 will go when I can get some time to tinker with them)
    1979 CB750k (Will be up for sale when I get the carbs sorted out again)
    1970 Suzuki GS1000L
    2010 Harley Sportster Forty-Eight
    littletommy, Lyterx and Ken like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links