Welded snail adjuster thingy
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I got some new toys to install on the bike and finally started doing some of the ticky little detail things I've been meaning to do but kept putting off.

Don, one of our riding buddies has a DRZ400 (We're taking up a collection to buy him a CT90 so we have half a chance of keeping up with him). One of the minor little features I noticed on his bike was that the snail adjuster is welded to the bolt head on the left side, which makes trailside axle removal a bit easier. Gives you something to grab and twist, and one less thing to disappear into the sand/mud/snow/manure where your axle spacers just landed .

Just a couple of quick booger welds. Make sure you have the left adjuster on the left and vice-versa or a rock will one day adjust your axle for you. (The "L" is there for a reason. Check yours) You don't want the "L" pointing toward the ground and hanging beneath the swingarm.

Clamp it TIGHT to the bolt head before welding, let it cool clamped.

Here's a pic of it. The weld at #3 didn't really hit a damned thing. That's what happens when old blind guys weld without their glasses . The axle part is stuck through a hole in the side of a cardboard box waiting for the paint to dry, if it looks a little weird:

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Good eye lizrdbrth, little things like that can make things a whole lot easier sometimes, its added to my list of future mods!

Hoogie514

1987 TW200 - Currently undergoing a complete winter rebuild!

2006 Suzuki King Quad 700 - Twin Air, HMF Slip on

2010 Suzuki King Quad 500

Ya but can you fix a flat??

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No. I might chip a nail. But I can pull my axles and wait for you to take it to town for me. I'm all about making your life easier.

Besides I know a guy with FIVE (Count 'em) FIVE! gallons of this magical bulletproof tire sealant stuff in his garage....

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ingenious!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Ok, now I get it..... Ahhh, if I put the axle in with the nut on the left, can I use the right snail on the left side?? Guess I was facing the bike when I put it together the last time Thanks for the idea, as I took the flashlite out and checked. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Don't feel bad, Gerry. Apparently I've done the same from time-to-time. Get in a hurry, don't wanna pull the axle again after struggling to fix a flat and re-installing them backwards.. I'll fix it when we get home and it stops raining... Yada, yada.

I talk smack, but what's wrong with THIS picture? lol. They've prolly been that way since at least last May, which was the last time I can remember having her wheel off..

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Purple's bike is much to clean to be ridden off-road? Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

i agree, much to clean. thats what i found wrong with the pic.

When you can match her miles (either on or off road) I may let you rip on her bike.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links