Towing TW behind Goldwing
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Towing TW behind Goldwing

I modified the cargo trailer I tow behind my Goldwing to allow me to tow my TW. Check it out here if you're interested. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them, just be sure to use the back button to return to the blog.

http://twtrailer.blogspot.com/
    bananachunks and dette like this.

Now that is a slick idea. The trailer looks nice, clean, and well built.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Seems like unique, out-of-the-box thinking. I would be a little nervous with the combination but then, I have no experience with big bikes. Would you feel comfortable leaving the 'Wing' parked on some deserted side road while you are off exploring? Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Seems like unique, out-of-the-box thinking. I would be a little nervous with the combination but then, I have no experience with big bikes. Would you feel comfortable leaving the 'Wing' parked on some deserted side road while you are off exploring? Gerry

Hehe Gerry, I don't worry too much about the Wing. I usually just put a 1/2 cover on it and figure out of sight, out of mind. On top of that I have a 100k on it so while it still looks pretty good, the cream has been taken off of the top. Also, I have full coverage on it. As far as being able to tow the TW behind it, I have towed two TW's, a DRZ400, and a DR650 over 500 miles behind my Wing. Once I had an AZ DPS officer follow me on I-10 for about 30 miles at 85 mph. He must have thought it looked ok as he never pulled me over. One of the guys I've started riding TW's with down here is a retired LE officer that also owns a Goldwing, and he is wanting the same set up.

Thats a pretty good endorsement. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Nice looking set-up and a really nice looking seat on your TW.

Where did you get it? I have a feeling I am going to need something like that once I start riding my new to me TW.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Don't let him fool you...Big Lefty can hold his own on the trail too.

He was leading the whole way on our ride out at Superior a few weeks ago.

He is also the only man I have ever seen wheelie his Gullwing down the highway WITH a TDUB on the trailer behind.

Lanni,

Drop me a line, I want to have some lunch to talk about some extrusion processing.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster' View Post
    Nice looking set-up and a really nice looking seat on your TW.

Where did you get it? I have a feeling I am going to need something like that once I start riding my new to me TW.

That's a Rick Mayer seat. I like it a lot better than the stocker and have done a couple of 200 mile days on it with no problem. You can google his website. He is located in Northern CA and the cost of the seat was $354 plus shipping both ways.

Check this out

There is a product that slides into a receiver hitch that has a "scoop" that holds the front wheel of a motorcycle. You could nix the trailer entirely.

I want to make something that goes into the trailer hitch that the front forks bolt to with the tire removed, with guy-wires to the top of the forks to brace it. It would have to be small and light enough that it could be stored on the TW when not in use. This way I could tow the TW behind pretty much anything, deliver the vehicle to it's destination, and drive the TW away.
    We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links