Clock / Thermometer / Compass
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've been looking all over for a nice waterproof clock and compass and thermometer.

The problem with most compasses is that the cheap ones won't work with all the metal near the handle bars. So my search began for Clock/Thermometers.

I found this, but the reviews were very negative (e.g. hard to press buttons):

And found this but it is not waterproof - though it does have a voltage meter:

Then I finally had a flash, one of those Casio twin sensor watches would work! They have a calibration mode for the compass that *should* adjust for the metal and they are only $40 at Amazon.com.

Anyone else run a Casio on their T-Dub?
    2005 TW200, 2" PowerMadd bar riser, Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards, PowerMadd Hand Muffs, Kick-Start, Valco Cup Holder, Givi E45N Top Case, Inline fuel filter, Storage Tube with MSR bottle, 45 Tooth sprocket, Stebel Low Tone horn, #130 Main Jet / no needle shims / 1.5 turns out on idle, Jimbo Shield, DID O-Ring chain, Clarke XT250 4.1 Gal tank, Custom Cycleracks

Nice clock it velcros over the indicator panel. $5 at walmart. Its only a clock though! Its survived 3 bigs rain and its not waterproof. Pulls right off

If needed.

No compass but clock and temp for 24 bucks at Wally World.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great clock ideas. The XT unit looks like it was made for the bike. With both units, how do the stand up to the direct sun? A couple that I have had in the past would 'black out' should they get direct sun for very long. Thanks.... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Well I pulled the trigger on the Casio. FYI the model number is SGW100-1V. I'll let you know how it handles the elements.

@Small's: That is a perfect fit! but how do you find neutral? I find it very hard to get my t-dub into neutral...

@Dubster': Nice. I don't have a pad, so will try attaching on or below the speedo with 3M all-weather fasteners:

2005 TW200, 2" PowerMadd bar riser, Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards, PowerMadd Hand Muffs, Kick-Start, Valco Cup Holder, Givi E45N Top Case, Inline fuel filter, Storage Tube with MSR bottle, 45 Tooth sprocket, Stebel Low Tone horn, #130 Main Jet / no needle shims / 1.5 turns out on idle, Jimbo Shield, DID O-Ring chain, Clarke XT250 4.1 Gal tank, Custom Cycleracks

So far mine has been fine in the sun. One of the few times its been the screen kinda smeared/blacked out then cleared up once it dryed. Its fits the instrument panel perfect. The chrome can be annoying in the sunlight but thats an easy fix.

here was my solution last year. works good. only use for time, might be tight if you needed to push buttons.

Linking to an older thread: the solution has been sound for me (clock/thermometer/compass); clock battery survived a winter out in my garage with temps down below 0F; and once I moved it away from the bars as mentioned, compass is pretty reasonable for a cheap unit.

Someone also noted near the end about mounting it to tusk handguard aluminum bars which don't mess with the compass. I have crap on mine already, or would give that a shot as well.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry20465
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

I ended up buying a Clock, Compass, Thermometer unit from Walmart, Dissecting it so that each item is inverted 180degrees, which required some enginuity. I fastened it with some 3m hook and loop, and just toss it in the tank bag when not in use. I also have a black Jimbo shield, which allows me to mount it there w/o obstructing any view. Jimbo only made 4 black shields out of the thousands, and I managed to wrangle on.

I originally had a watch, but the watch was much more expensive than this doo=dad, so I'm pretty pleased with it.

"Any number images

Images of any size

Any number of URLs

Any number of lines"

D

Quote Originally Posted by Dubsteppin View Post

Top notch! I briefly considered doing the same and gave up. Those pieces seemed pretty well sealed in!

Please update if this mod to the device causes any water damage longer term, though I suspect with the angle you've got it mounted, and down on the shield a bit, you're better off than my setup by far in terms of moisture.

EDIT: also, wish my thermometer needle moved that far to the right! Never seems to get past the halfway point these days.
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links