Here is my 2009 TW200. I purchased it used in November and It's my first motorcycle.
The bike already had:
- FMF PowerCore pipe
- 47T sprocket
- aftermarket blinkers
- stainless steel xt 225 header
Here is everything I did:
- Removed all decals (I think the Yamaha graphics are horrible!)
- Replaced aftermarket blinkers with OEM blinkers
- FMF Quiet Core Spark Arrestor (I loved the sound, but don't feel like getting hassled by the rangers)
- Tusk D-Flex Handguards/Spoilers (no more cold hands from wind, and tree branches are no problem now!)
- Pro-Taper Pillow Top MX Grips (comfy)
- Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit 7/8" Bars, 30mm Height (I can stand up comfortably)
- Renthal Rider 7/8" Handlebar Jimmy Button Bend
- Yamaha rear rack
- RAM Mount with X-Grip cradle
- LuckyBike mirror riser extenders 10mm (These were super helpful with the stock handlebars, as I could only see my shoulders before)
- Clarke Gas Tank (I did this mainly because the graphics are not removable on the stock tank, plus I now get more distance)
- Kisan TailBlazer 20W-D Brake Light Flasher (Helps wake up the drivers behind me, I have noticed that people will keep greater distance after I hit the brakes now)
- Jimbo Windshield (It's covered in bugs, mud, and rock chips -- I guess it works)
- IMS foot pegs (This is a must, the stock pegs were like toothpicks. I got the real $80 IMS pegs, as I don't want to trust the cheap ones on eBay -- These pegs are made specifically for the TW200, but I still had to grind down the hinge a bit to get them to fit)
- 12v accessory outlet (Couldn't figure out a more elegant way to mount it, so I just used zip ties and it hasn't moved yet)
I also have a white Acerbis Supermoto fender, but I would have to fabricate a mount and I rather spend my time riding now
That is it for mods on this bike, I really hope the XTW250 RYOKU is my next one...
Awesome job Joe!!!
Whoo Hoo! Welcome to the club!
"I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"
Very nice. It's also nice to have/see a list with the benefits of the mods listed. OM
"It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK
1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,
Very nice looking bike. The tank looks sharp. I have a set of those Lucky Bike extenders too, what a difference!
If you can't find it, grind it
Rainman: I almost forgot to add an Apple sticker! Mine will be on the fender too, sweeet.
Nice job.... now get out and put some miles on it!
2008 Yamaha TW200
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV
2013 Honda CRF250L