Progressive suspension
Close

Hello There.

I fitted progressive springs to my KLR, and that completely transformed the bike.

I would like to do the same on the TW. I got the spec sheet from progressive suspension, and picked one closest to the TW stock. Part number 11-1107 Free length 457mm (18") OD 27mm (1.05") .45kgs/.63mm (35lbs/50inch) spring rate.

Has any body looked at this spring before? I have seen some serious front suspension mods on this forum, but I don't need to go so extreme. Its the wife's ride, but she does ride some sand whoops very now and again. The standard suspension also seems to deflect a bit too harshly when hitting small ruts at 80km/h on gravel roads. It will lead to tank slappers or the like, and I don't need to scare the wife off just yet!
    Regards

Pleco

TW200. The art of arriving!

Might give some serious thought to going through this process first https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-oil-changing/ . Then you may look here for a TW 125 progressive fork spring. The 125 is the 'European' version of the TW200 just smaller engine. I bought the spring and was pleased http://www.hyperpro.com/index.asp?page=springkits . Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Might give some serious thought to going through this process first https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-oil-changing/ . Then you may look here for a TW 125 progressive fork spring. The 125 is the 'European' version of the TW200 just smaller engine. I bought the spring and was pleased http://www.hyperpro.com/index.asp?page=springkits . Gerry

I contacted hyperpro, but I have to buy through their SA agent. The SA price is $220 before shipping, which would be another $20 or so. A bit steep if I can buy the Progressive at $70 I need to change the front oil to something thicker any way first, as the damping is no good. After reading the above article, it seems I first need to set the forks up properly after an oil change, before I fiddle with the thickness of the oil!

Thanks for the input, this site has been a huge library of info and ideas. I will probably buy these progressives, and test them to see if they work. It would be a nice cheaper alternative if they do work. Has anybody bought the hyperpro springs? If so what are the specs? Free length and spring rate?
    Regards

Pleco

TW200. The art of arriving!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I used both front and rear. I ride off pavement and am always looking for comfort. They worked fine for me, but then my mod expense was less, but greater than $70. Gerry

The black spring is from a Yamaha V-Star, the yellow is original and the purple is the Hyper Pro..
    Take care my Friend.........

Has anybody bought the hyperpro springs? If so what are the specs? Free length and spring rate?[/font]

[/quote]

I did. I also added schrader vavles to the fork top caps (added 1 psi), and ATF fluid for fork oil and cut the spacers a little longer than hyperpro recommended for extra preload. All based on other forum members recommendations- notably Mr Gizmo and Lizrdbrth. In my opinion, it transformed the front end from something that felt way to undersprung and dangerous when I braked--due to front end dive, into a stable and effective front end. I think all the specs are on the PDF on the website. By the way, I'm a hefty 230 pounds at 6'.

Sponosred Links