Battery Elimination
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gentlemen,

I'm almost done with my hollow modd and one of the last projects is the battery. I've searched the "new" forum and the "old" forum but have found mixed conclusions. I have a 91 and would love to eliminate the battery, put a capacitator in its place, and be done with it but I have found mixed opinions on if this will work or not. Some people say it will and some say it will not. Some say it wont run the lights and some say it will. Has anyone actually done this? Does it work? Does anyone have a topic on this that they can post here so I read it. Thanks a ton!

Your lights will dim and blinkers may not work at low speeds and when idling. You may be able to compensate by changing everything but the headlight to led's.

Also a minus if you ever want to add a 12v power plug for running a gps or mini air compressor since the voltage would be swinging around with rpm's

http://tw200forum.co...5/ShowPost.aspx

On early TWs, where the battery doesn't power the headlamp, you probably won't notice the difference, since the headlamp dims a bit at idle anyway. However, you will have to replace the flasher if you want your turn signals to work at idle on either the old or late models.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlater View Post
    Gentlemen,

I'm almost done with my hollow modd and one of the last projects is the battery. I've searched the "new" forum and the "old" forum but have found mixed conclusions. I have a 91 and would love to eliminate the battery, put a capacitator in its place, and be done with it but I have found mixed opinions on if this will work or not. Some people say it will and some say it will not. Some say it wont run the lights and some say it will. Has anyone actually done this? Does it work? Does anyone have a topic on this that they can post here so I read it. Thanks a ton!
    It works. The aftermarket part is called a battery lesser. The reason why it came about was when the first "hollow mod" or "naked" TW's came out they didn't think of a smaller battery but just to get rid of the huge one it came with and to make it vintage style only kickstart. The stator is enough to run the bike and lights. The lights dim a little but nothing too big.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Is a "battery lesser" the samething as a capacitator? Almost everything I have read says the capacitator will work in place of an actual battery but then you find the occasional it can't work story. So confusing. I just want my headlight and blinkers to work when the bike is on.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlater View Post
    Is a "battery lesser" the samething as a capacitator? Almost everything I have read says the capacitator will work in place of an actual battery but then you find the occasional it can't work story. So confusing. I just want my headlight and blinkers to work when the bike is on.
    The battery lesser is probaly a capacitor. The battery lesser is probabaly a fancy brand name for it. I guess some forum members say older model TW might have a problem with it.

Ok thx. Well all my new light will be here in the next day or two so I'll find out then! I hope it works!!!

Battery "lesser" is just a poor translation of "battery eliminator". It's just a capacitor, or a` series of capacitors.

Personally I'd look into running the smallest, lightest battery possible before I'd dink with a capacitor, but they'll work if you're not picky.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

All I want to make sure is that all my lights function correctly during riding at night or during the day. If they will do that once started with just a capacitator then awesome! If I have to use a battery Ill have to find something super small so I can hide it. Ugh... once I get all my new blinkers and headlight installed we will find out!!!

Can you find a spot to hide one of those small sealed shorai batteries somewhere ?

Batteries - LFX09L2-BS12

http://www.shoraipower.com/images/product/lfxspecs.pdf

Another easy fix would be to lay our battery on their back. I could hide that with ease!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links