Maxxis Ceros vs Stock tire
Close

I had my Ceros mounted and balanced on an extra rim. Ive been Eyeballing this tire ever since TEEWEE posted up his experience:

https://tw200forum.com/forums/77341/ShowPost.aspx

Ive had the tire in the garage for a few months, had time last weekend to get it mounted. So I head to the shop to put it on and have visions of Xdac's post where he had a tire failure pulling into his driveway.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry35339

My cousin is a bike mechanic so I took it to his job and asked him not to tream the bead, and not to inflate it past 60 psi.

He brought back the tire the next day. He didnt touch the bead, but keeping it inflated at 60psi overnight didnt work.

The tire had everyone in the shop nervous, he finally got it mounted after pumping it up to 80psi.

After the PITA to mount the tire, along with the high PSI used to get the bead to pop I cant get Xdac's post out of my head.

My Bead was not touched, But the thought of a tire failure at (relatively) high speed is making me think this tire will be used only when Im getting dirty. I'm 90% street anyway, and I could only imagine how much power this wheel eats up.

Placed next to the stock tire, the Maxxis sure looks like its up to the task. Hopefully will get a chance to try it out sometime next month.

And some pics of my 2003 TW I just picked up.

2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

Gnarly looking tire! Like your "Army" bike.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Did you ever get the tire on your bike? If so how is it? My buddy wants this on his, and were trying to find someone who has experience with it already. Thank in advance for the reply!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This is awesome. One day I shall attempt this. One day...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I've had my Big Horn mounted for a while now. No problems what so ever. I've got over 1000 miles on it both paved and dirt. Off road traction is amazing.I was probably too impatient when mounting it. Let's just say I inflated it quite a bit higher pressure several times to get bead to seat.
    Something you need to be aware of is putting the bigger tire on back screws with steering geometry. Lizdrbrth covered it in his detailed post.
    '99 TW,Ricochet skid plate, Seat Concepts, Jimbo shield, 2" extended swingarm w/Maxxis Bighorn, 5.10 Kenda K270, Stealth exhuast, YZ80 hybrid front forks w/HyperPro proressive springs, ProCycle high mount front fender, ProCycle wide foot pegs, TT-R stainless head pipe, Lizrdbrth cooler, D-Flex hand guards, XT350 gas tank.

2002 Honda Spirit Shadow VT750

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

Sponosred Links