TTW200... Yes, I am nuts. Yes, I am new to this forum.
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OK, So this is my first post here. I just found this because well, I ignored the internet on this one. I got myself a Craigslist special $500 1990 TW200. It ran, as much as a broken carb T-shirt sleeve in the air box never changed the oil TW could, which wasn't much.

So the day I bought it I jammed it in the creek near my house and was about to just leave it because it ran so badly. Then, I started digging.

With a budget of $20 I decided to fix 'er up a bit. I cut off the exhaust, rear pegs, all the plastics, touched up the frame since it was black to start with, painted the seat, jammed the electrical into a Radio Shack project box and zip tied it to the frame, and stuffed a sawed off Two Brothers Carbon Fiber can on it... OH! And I used a UNI filter off another old bike and a radiator hose that didnt fit my truck to make an intake. Yes, it's jetted for all that.

Since I make decals and signs, I shot the tank with leftover bass boat paint and stuck that little decal on it, if you want one, let me know, I'll cut you a pair for $15.

Anyways, lets get to where it sits now. It has a Mikuni VM28 carb, all the above mods and a dying CDI. I crammed a Duro Powergrip tire in the rear and a Pirelli something aggressive in the front, dont recall what that is.

Was loads of fun in the snow!

I know I missed a few small things in there, like the mirrors, $8 ebay specials. All the stock guages are there, but they dont work except the speedo, and it has no backlight so you cant read it at night.

Here's the fun...

Ebay special Turbo, the same one the guys put on chinese scooters RB31:

Sunpro Boost Guage, and oil temp guage. New heavy duty clutch, 1mm OS Piston and ring set, Some Parker fittings for vacuum and carb balance, and a gasket set.

Not pictured:

Aluminum adapter to fit the Thunder Power Jet to the carb and new UNI filter. Plumbing for Turbo oil. Oil cooler off a Kawasaki Lawnmower motor, since thats a hobby of mine too and hotter coil for ignition. Oh and a 3 stage HKS blowoff valve. I love ebay.

What's being built right now:

Oil adapter at my friend's CNC shop:

Thats a render of it from the software, and what it will look like. Banjo fittings out of the top, styled to look like old style valve cover. You know, performance! Making that from scratch blows too, so you all know. Many hours and beers in that so far and we havent even started cutting.

So far, its a pile of parts and well, stuff you cant say in polite company. I will update as I go, and this is all open to suggestion. Should be fun when done, Oh and... Its not draw through. This goes Turbo - Carb - Motor - Turbo - Downpipe, like it should.

Wish me luck!
    If you cant afford it, Build it. IF they dont make it, Make it.

Hey Morgan,

Welcome, congratulations on your TW, and WOW!

I for one will be looking forward to your continued progress on your bike and future contributions to this group. I can assure that you just made a few hundred new best friends with that oil cooler cover!

Brian

Haha thank you! I do plan on offering those for sale, cheap. I'm not in it for money, this is just fun for me I am by no means an expert, I'm just dedicated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have some skills to share with many of us. Feel free to piece together a oil cooler kit and include that custom oil cooler cover in the pack. You will have several buyers in line. Nice Job.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Yeehaw!

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hey Morgan,

Welcome, congratulations on your TW, and WOW!

I for one will be looking forward to your continued progress on your bike and future contributions to this group. I can assure that you just made a few hundred new best friends with that oil cooler cover!

Brian

Welcome Morgan!....sounds like you have the jist of TW'ing already.They are good machines.And yes it will be fun to watch your progress/finished product!.

Hey dude! Its always fun to see others progress and it looks like your coming along quickly. Its looking good. What does that "turbo" do? Havent seen that one yet... What kind of tire is that on the rear?

Would you be interested in making me some custom decals? I have been considering going with some aother few internet companies but I would rather give my money to a fellow tdubber! If your interested we can talk via pm.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

From $500 heap to Fastest TW? Good luck with the build!
    2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

OK, I walked past it

and into the garage...

And found the oil cooler:

thats off a Kawasaki v-twin lawnmower motor. Should work good. Going to mill off the fittings and tap it.

And for the turbo, its a real life turbocharger. Like on a car.

IN and OUT shots. Its going under my left cheek.

Oh great...I try and impress everyone with my rattle can paint job mod, and you come up with this

You have some serious TW game, there Mr Morgan.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links