High mount fender options?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: High mount fender options?

High mount fender options?

I've seen a few TW's with the front fender high mounted like the enduros from the 70's. It's a sweet look. Anybody know of a kit available to do this? Or how it was done?
    littletommy likes this.

I shouldn't share this link with a new member because you'll see lots of stuff you suddenly think you need, but here ya go...

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#

***IMPORTANT*** Have the wife hold your credit card as you browse cuz you're gonna want some stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by olderthendirt View Post
    I've seen a few TW's with the front fender high mounted like the enduros from the 70's. It's a sweet look. Anybody know of a kit available to do this? Or how it was done?
    sub251, Gulfrider and Tinybear like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I've always raised mine using longer bolts and 1" plastic spacers to keep the mud from packing between the tire & fender. Also just looks better with the extra space.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    centralwarider likes this.
    Now Hidden Content on my 2nd TW - 2002 TW200 33k miles - 130 main 34 pilot - 244 Golden Boy Front - 34 BS rear - ATV Bar - New Rally Perches, Master Cylinder, and levers. This one may take a bit to whip into shape but we'll get there!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I got my high fender kit from the ProCycle site LT mentions. Simple install.
    littletommy likes this.
    1987 TW200
    2009 Kawasaki KLX250s
    2012 Honda CRF250x
    2019 Beta 200 RR

I did not use a kit. I just zip tied/wired mine to the bottom triple tree. Been that way for years. Break the zip on a fall simply replace the zip tie.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sheeeeeeeeet, I wasted my $ at Procycle!!
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I did not use a kit. I just zip tied/wired mine to the bottom triple tree. Been that way for years. Break the zip on a fall simply replace the zip tie.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    Going to the Procycle website is like making the plunge to try crack...once. You will never get off that site by ordering one thing or you will be back for something else. I am not a fan of the high fender. I understand the purpose it serves, but it also leaves the engine that much less protected. (Here it comes-this position is like a study on race based intelligence)). I am a fan of plastic spacers and longer bolts, as I can control the lift, but the fender kit is overkill unless you are really into the extreme stuff on a non-extreme bike. I have the procycle kit. The box is unopened. I will open the box before shipping to make sure I am not sending you something else that is sitting on my shelf unopened. Find out the cost on the website-offer me 50% and pay $15.00 shipping and you can have it. I have gotten great deals from guys on this site and want to pass it forward. I got riding pants for next to nothing with tags on them. I got my Coleman pad for the cost of shipping. Before I owned a bike I had PlacerLoad on the phone with me and got the kickstarter (which forced me to by the rest of the bike). No PM or anything like that. I am not Captain Kirk. I do not BFF or LOL or side smiley. E mail me at [email protected] or call me at 906 748 5666. Thanks MBW
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 06-01-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Just curious...

I've see some installations forego the bottom fender mount. It appears to me to serve double-duty as a fork brace. As such, it would provide some rigidity to the front end, and I'd hesitate removing it for that reason.

Am I wrong?
    littletommy, admiral and lbxr like this.

Nope, leave it there. It does help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
    Just curious...

I've see some installations forego the bottom fender mount. It appears to me to serve double-duty as a fork brace. As such, it would provide some rigidity to the front end, and I'd hesitate removing it for that reason.

Am I wrong?

Shouldn't have looked at that site
    admiral and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links