Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockit
  • 1 Post By ViolatingLlama
  • 1 Post By Rockit

Thread: Heads-Up Display

Heads-Up Display

Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Well, I looked at the article an thought to myself, 'how much could it be?'

$699 - if I had a 1200cc road bike and did long distance rides, I could justify the price.

But I commute 15 minutes to work, and I don't think it's logical to use while trail riding.

I guess between my Sena 10s and my Stealth 2 helmet cam I came close to the price, but that's all your eggs in one basket with that one.
    admiral likes this.

That makes about as much sense as a wooden framed motorcycle that runs in micro algae oil. ritsert-mans-peter-mooij-wood-algae-oil-motorcycle-1.jpg
    Just as legislators are pushing more and more to criminalize any distractions for motor vehicle operators out comes another major distraction for sale. Free enterprise and government regulations are getting more and more at odds with each other.
    I think you could get pulled over and cited here for being criminally distracted if seen messing with your Blue Tooth controls of a Nuvi or any other consumer electronic. Currently here you can get spanked for eating a sandwich, looking a a map,smoking, entering a navigation destination, changing radio stations, having any pet not leashed and secured in the back seat, etc.
    The Nuvi looks like something to provide entertaining distractions on long rides , the heads-up info offered is not vital to safe motorcycling.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

$699 for the HUD with an integrated HD camera is too rich for my blood. But I have a roll of duct tape and an iPhone. Pretty sure that gives me the same functionality
    admiral likes this.

I like the concept. But it's a kid's toy. Unless they make the font size larger and the display bright enough to compete with sunlight, I would never be able to use it. I also have issues with the map floating over the background scenery. By the time my eyes translated what was the map display versus what was the background I would be dangerously distracted. Cool concept, and their intentions are good, but it's definitely not for everyone.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Sponosred Links