Heated Gear
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Gear

Anyone run a heated vest on their TW?

I finally finished setting up my Oxford heated grips last week, running them at 30% power the battery is holding up fine so far. Very nice in the morning to have that heat.

Thinking of ordering a Tourmaster Synergy heated vest to go with it.

The jacket draw is 6A Hi, 5A Med, and 4A Low. Listed draw for the vest is 4.4A at high, so hoping low is around 2.5A and that will be enough for most things.

1996 TW200.

Well the order is in, so we'll see.

This is the Oxford Heaterz heated grips, sport version:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7KiAUEil8Y[/media]

They draw apparently 4A @ 12V at full power, so estimate 1.2A at 30%, which so far is plenty warm.

Tried out the heated vest today, worked very well. Came back late from a trip and was nice to be able to dial up the heat.

I don't like the non-springy connector line, and the controller is a bit awkward, but it's cheap and heats up fast. Hot is very hot, low was fine this evening. Volts were running at 12.2 at 7000 rpm with heated grips, heated vest, and headlight on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks like some pretty nice gear to keep you warm. It appears they made the temp/on/off controls fairly handy to get too. Packs up pretty small for storage too. My in-laws atv has heated grips and they do help when its chilly.

Seems like the heated vest would be warm before you plug it in, ha ha. I would have never thought of a heated vest. What I really want to know is how to keep my toes warm? I have never found anything that works other than a good old hike to warm them up.

Although there is plenty of riding outwear to keep the body warm, one thing I use before the "Polar-Bearing Up" temps arrive, is insulated jeans. Funny thing is, insulated jeans have probably been around for years and years, and I just discovered them a couple of years ago. I even take them camping to wear around at night when the temps cool down.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your items, gets a person to thinking of whats available to wear and keep warm.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I use chemical warmers from Walmart to keep my toes warm. They have had several different sizes. Some last longer than others, and size does not correllate with how long they last. The faster burning are hotter than the long lasting, size being equal.

There are electric socks available.

I have not tried to use it yet on my TW as I am now more of a 'fair weather rider', but I had good luck over the years with my Gerbing electric jacket liner when I was riding my BMWs-- it fit nicely under my normal riding jackets.

They have a full line of products: http://gerbing.com/

I see they now have electric shoe insoles which can run off of a lithium battery pack or your bike's 12v system. http://www.gerbing.c...ts/insoles.html
    two 2009 TWs, Ricochet skidplates, Moose Racing 'Expedition' rack (like a Borrega), DID 428V O-ring chains, DMoto2 -style black steel footpegs from eBay

So did you have to modify anything on the TW to handle the extra power load of the heated grips and the heated vest? Do you run them both at the same time too? I'm asking because I have the Gerbing Hybrid gloves hooked up to another bike and want to ride the TW in colder Colorado weather. The Gerbing Hybrids are 12V, 2.2amps, 27Watts and I'm curious if I can just hook them up to the TW with no modifications.

Thanks,

No mods, just the battery bug to keep an eye on things. I do charge up the battery once a week.

Where did you mount the battery bug?

Up in front, where my indicator lights used to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links