Rotopax Attachment Mod
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By centralwarider
  • 2 Post By centralwarider
  • 1 Post By centralwarider

Thread: Rotopax Attachment Mod

Rotopax Attachment Mod

I saw something like this on the forum and have been waiting to get this project done. Saw a welder buddy this week and brought the project over with me. Thanks for the help Johnny! I think the results are great. Probably a bit of overkill with the 4" wide plate , but the steel was already that size and so we only had to cut to length, clean up, and weld. The rotopax attachment can be put on in just a couple of minutes. Added a plate across the cyclerack and both Tinman Tim panniers. Cleaned up with some brushes and sandpaper and then repainted.

IMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPGIMG_3141.JPG

Rear rack looked so good that I thought I would touch up the front rack. Too lazy to take it off so......

IMG_3143.JPG

I didn't use any of this stuff that came with the rotopax mount.

IMG_3146.JPG
    littletommy likes this.
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

End results. If I purchased another mount or two, I could potentially carry three rotopax. I have never ridden any rough trails with the Tinman Tim panniers installed. Has anyone else? Do they ride ok? Even loaded?

IMG_3144.JPGIMG_3145.JPGIMG_3148.JPGIMG_3151.JPG
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

This was all cheaper than the Clarke tank of course. I don't need too much extra fuel every ride, but sure would be nice to have when you need it. Gonna try this for awhile. Still considering that Clarke tank though
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links