Some upgrades
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some upgrades

I think it's my turn! After doing some (many hours spent) research on the forum I gathered many ideas and bough a bunch of parts I though would be nice upgrades to my TW200. I got a whole box full of goodies this afternoon. I feel like a kid at Xmass.

Here I have :

Shinko 244 4.60/18 front tire

Moose Racing heavy duty tube (I know Bridgestone makes one 1mm thicker but the dealer couldn't have them)

Acerbis Super Moto front fender

Protaper SE ATV Hi Handlebars

Pro Grip 714 Dual Sport Grip

Chinese wider foot pegs and smaller springs

Generic folding foot pegs (will be a third set, for the kid)

JT 14T front sprocket

JT 47T rear sprocket

EK O-Rings chain

Fuel filter 90 degrees

All that for a total of about 500$!

The only missing things are a XT225 fuel tank (which I bought last week but doesn't seem to have shipped yet... ) And some handguards that are supposed to be in the mail.

Now I'm waiting for the weather to clear so I could install all that stuff.

I'm still debating how I'll mount the front fender. I've been reading a lot of posts about it and think the option to drill and tap 2 small holes for bolting the fender directly in the lower tree is the cleanest one. If I was not worried about weakening that lower tree I would do it strait away.

The wider peg instalment will be a bit challenging since they are not direct fit on the TW200 and were not meant to be used on this bike. I had to order some smaller springs cause the ones on the TW were too big to fit in and I'm planing some metal grinding in order to have them set right.

I'll keep you updated as things progress.

i should get my pro taper bars today! I am eager to start the installation.

I just popped open a big Ole' box of Jealous!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm still debating how I'll mount the front fender. I've been reading a lot of posts about it and think the option to drill and tap 2 small holes for bolting the fender directly in the lower tree is the cleanest one. If I was not worried about weakening that lower tree I would do it strait away.

Here is what I did for my fender. It holds well and you can protect the integrity of the lower triples too. This is the step by step that someone else posted.

I also put on a supermoto fender.

Start off with a cardboard prototype and go from there....

I cute & rounded the bracket and cut off the corners too. It made it look cleaner.

My friend helped me do this. And lastly, he showed me how to use a circular sander to give it a nice clean polished finish too.

Sorry for the big photos.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Sorry for the huge pics
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

hey brock,

your that bracket aluminum or steel?

looks good!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looks good Brock! I may consider doing a dual fender now that I know I wouldnt have to drill into the tripletrees.

What kind of acerbis disk cover and fork shield are you using. I have been wanting to get some of these but wasnt sure which would fit the tdub. Any modifications needed? My forks are getting green stains on them and it bugs the $h:t out of me.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

[quote name='PalmStateCrawler' date='22 April 2012 - 01:28 PM' timestamp='1335126486' post='43604']

Looks good Brock! I may consider doing a dual fender now that I know I wouldnt have to drill into the tripletrees.

What kind of acerbis disk cover and fork shield are you using. I have been wanting to get some of these but wasnt sure which would fit the tdub. Any modifications needed? My forks are getting green stains on them and it bugs the $h:t out of me.

Thank you by the way...That is an old school XR 400 cover. But back in the day they were pretty generic (from what I learned searching for them). I paid $40 for it on ebay. It came with the fork tube protector too. I did it simply for VANITY reasons. I admit to being an MX snob versus the hollow bikes. \

I just made a call to my friend whose dad helped me with the fender...neither of us are if it is steel or aluminum. Actually it is aluminum. I just attempted to put my daughter's pink heart magnet and it didn't stick. ALUMINUM.

I bought early 90's YZ 80 forks and I hope to soon transition to the hybrid forks (TW lower legs and YZ upper tubes). Doesn't increase fork travel, but in does increase ground clearance and it will level out my TW since I have a long banshee shock on the back.

Hidden Content

nice job Brock!!!...Guitarman you can also snip your stock peg springs...see mudpuppy's how-to thread below...i did this and it worked just fine...have fun and post up your progress pictures

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...om-ebay-china/

No I can't. They are not the same. I'll show you why when I put them on next week (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    nice job Brock!!!...Guitarman you can also snip your stock peg springs...see mudpuppy's how-to thread below...i did this and it worked just fine...have fun and post up your progress pictures

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...om-ebay-china/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links