aftermarket forks
Close

Anybody have put beefier forks on there dubb like maybe some off a motocross bike.

Quote Originally Posted by junk rider View Post
    Anybody have put beefier forks on there dubb like maybe some off a motocross bike.
    I have pondered it. I have a set of forks from a Yam 450 sitting in my barn just to compare. The travel would have to be made the same as TW and a head tube would need to be machined and pressed into the fork trees. I also have a zx9 sport bike fork that is same travel as stock TW. Same thing. head tude is way too big. One of these winters I am building a TW350 street bob. I have a TW frame,BW350 motor, zx9 inverted fork,sport bike wheels and the silencers from a new sportster. someday I will combine them. Good Luck, Jef
    Never Let the Toubles of Life interfere with the Pleasures of Living!

Hey I just thought of one more option. One of the guys on here put a Banshee rear shock on his TW. Way more travel than stock and I imagine the geometry of the front forks was steepened a bit. An older klr650 fork would be beefier and maybe easier to adapt. The increased travel front and rear would be nice. FYI. Jef
    Never Let the Toubles of Life interfere with the Pleasures of Living!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think I read on here someone put some off a yz80 on it. Probably should havr checked old threads but he also lengthened the swing ARM if I remember on the banshee shock

Quote Originally Posted by junk rider View Post

I put a Banshee shock on the back. I had to machine a piece for the upper part of the shock. It added A LOT of rear travel. I also bought a pair of early 90's YZ front forks (as mentioned by junkrider) for $25 on ebay. As mentioned, it won't increase the travel, but it will level out/ increase the ground clearance. The key to using the YZ forks is the diameter is identical. No machining needed.

Your TW 350 sounds fun, but it also sounds like you have a lot of time, experience and/or $ to spend. I am excited to see your project proceed.

But as far as the forks on your present TW, using the YZ 80 forks is a simple and easy way to go and there are several topics in here with good info as far as using progressive springs etc.

Here are a few links about the YZ forks and progressive fork springs. abyssdncr had some great results.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...h__1#entry5948
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Here is the link to the page for most if not all the topics pertaining to the fork improvements.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?app=...&fromMainBar=1
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links