DG exhaust
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DG exhaust

Has anyone installed the DG R or O series exhaust (not sure what the difference is) on their TW's. Any opinions on it or other aftermarket slip on exhausts for the TW?

I just got a dg o series slip on pipe. the difference between the two is the o is oval and the r is round. I liked the oval look, so that's what I went with. I honestly couldn't be happier, it adds a very nice deep thump to the idle, and sounds great on the throttle. it's louder, but personally I don't think it's annoying. still tuning my carb, but I think it has more to do with the removal of my snorkel than the pipe, has a flat spot on acceleration, but it did that before the pipe. only thing that threw me when installing was that it literally just slipped on, there's no clamp. but I love the looks and sounds, and I'd totally recommend it.

I got the r series, to me it seemed to fit the look of the bike better. Love the look and love the sound. I have the r series, cone filter, stock carb. Runs amazing for me. Here's how it looks on my bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

when you say stock carb you mean you didn't rejet or do any mods after the exhaust and air filter?

[/img][/img]Has anyone installed the DG R or O series exhaust (not sure what the difference is) on their TW's. Any opinions on it or other aftermarket slip on exhausts for the TW?

[/quote]

Here are a few links to look at. I have the oval with a ttr stainless header with the 1" quiet core and really like it. It is a little louder-deeper than the stock, but not offensive. No rust and looks nice too! I rejetted using a 130 main, five .010 washers under the needle and 2.5 turns on the pilot. It was way too lean without rejetting! Runs great, no lean surge, feels like 50 more cc--mostly due to the rejetting.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry33576

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top..._fromsearch__1
    PlacerLode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by danwray View Post
    when you say stock carb you mean you didn't rejet or do any mods after the exhaust and air filter?

yes, I was going to rejet, but it runs great and my spark plug looks fine (not lean or rich) so some other people I talked to that know bikes said that I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe the climate in nh? No idea. I also just put the pipe and filter on this spring, so well see how it is when it warms up and dries out some more, but at the moment (even rode it today) it's fine.

Are you at altitude

Mine stock would barely run new at Sea Level

Does anyone know if the DG O series slip on will fit a 2015 model TW? The only option under 2015 on their website is the new v2 which is more expensive, and I don't like the way it looks as much.

Blake, I don't own one, and I'm not sure if I'm even thinking of the same manufacturer, but one company, maybe this one, has two models. One oval and one round model. The oval one will fit according to past posts, but the round one can rub on the tire under a heavy load, so you wouldn't want the round one. Hope that helps.

And welcome to the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by blake_davenport View Post
    Does anyone know if the DG O series slip on will fit a 2015 model TW? The only option under 2015 on their website is the new v2 which is more expensive, and I don't like the way it looks as much.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

50.JPGhi Blake and welcome. I installed a dg this year and I really like it. I ordered it from procycle and I think the only choice from them on the dg, was the v2. the part that seemed way out of line was the cost of the silencer. and believe me you don't want to run without one. I think it looks good on our bikes
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links