Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Maloy
  • 3 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By Purple

Thread: Happy Trails SU rack / pannier mount

Happy Trails SU rack / pannier mount

Trying to install the SU rack--the first step prior to mounting aluminum panniers--from Happy Trails. Left side fit just fine. The right side has three secure points. 1) right blinker, 2) muffler bolt, and 3) top passenger foot peg. After securing the bolts on the blinker and muffler, the foot peg is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off. Not sure what to do. Best pic I could get is enclosed. Suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy likes this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. That's the deal with metal fabrication, it's very difficult to get precise repeatable results. It is close, and I'm sure it will go.

First, I would remove the left passenger peg bolt and put some loctite on it, at least blue (med), red if you think you'll not likely remove it anytime soon. Reinstall it to finger tight then backing it out 1/2 turn so it's a little loose. Then, I would have all of the other bolts slightly loose, like the same half turn out from finger tight. Next, I'd use a ratchet strap(s) to crank things over to get the holes to line up. Also, a center punch, screwdriver, whatever to use as a drift pin type device to help line up the holes to get the bolt started can be helpful. Start that bolt, first put some loctite on it too, then torque it down. Release the straps, then go around and torque down the others. Done. Good luck.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Mine didn't fit on the right side either. The bottom hole where the rear footpegs were didn't line up. I took a drill to it and turned the hole into a slot and it worked out just fine.

20170826_084500.jpg

20170826_084452.jpg
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There was an issue of the left and right rear foot pegs having a slight off-set on some year or another - don't quote me on that - but it comes as no surprise ......
    littletommy likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Sponosred Links