YZ 80 footpeg install
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Lomax
  • 4 Post By joeband

Thread: YZ 80 footpeg install

YZ 80 footpeg install

Mudbug riding on the stock TW pegs always bothered me because they are so small. I had recently purchased a 98 YZ 80 and an 03 YZ 85 as parts bikes. Now those little bikes have some nice wide ones on them. I took the ones off the 85 first but without cutting and welding new mounts to the frame of the TW, they weren't gonna work. The 80's peg's, with a little work, Will fit!
    You have to grind on each side of the peg until it fits and moves in the TW's mount (doesnt take much). You also have to grind the stop on the back of the peg and around the mounting pin hole some so it will travel properly in the event of a drop. The pivot pin on the YZ is larger so you have to drill the hole in the TW's mount out enough that once you do this, the stock pin will now be too small and wobble around so make sure you want to do this, one way street. Also take a little filling around the pin holes to get the burs out, otherwise it's hard to get in and much harder to get back out to fix the problem. Looks good and feels nice under your foot vs the stock twigs. Much cheaper used than any aftermarket and other than waiting for the paint to dry, took less than hour to figure out and get fitted up and rode. Sorry the pictures are kinda lousy, I was doing this as a surprise so I didn't have anyone else around to help with it
    Will
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    2003 Yamaha Banshee 350
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500
    1985 Honda 350X
    1969 Honda CT90

simple things such as larger pegs make the bike so much more comfortable. nice job!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links