New to me 94 TW200 - help with mods.
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mtnmanidaho
  • 1 Post By TWinning

Thread: New to me 94 TW200 - help with mods.

New to me 94 TW200 - help with mods.

Im looking to modify my tw200 for hunting. Im 6'5 and weigh 230 so alot of it will be customization to fit me and accomodate extra gear weight.

First off my muffler is shot and i need a new one. Im looking at the quietest possible and have heard that some people are using the xt350 factory exhaust. Is this a good option or is there an aftermarket one I should be considering? For the xt350 do i need just the muffler or the header pipe also?

Im also looking for recommendations for the rear shock. Id like a little more ground clearance but also something that responds well on the rougher stuff.

Lastly i need a rear sprocket tooth recommendation for climbing. Dont care if my top road speed goes down.

Would also like to hear from any of the bigger guys what youve done that has made her more comfortable.
    Ken likes this.

Not sure about a muffler but I received some great suggestions a few weeks ago on this link: https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...-big-guys.html
    The TDub is great for hunting! I swear that game does not even hear me when riding & I see so much more when riding compared to the truck. The only thing I am hunting
    now is dove but I ride right up to deer, turkey & have seen a ton of coyotes just on dirt roads and they don't spook as much when approaching. I just strap a soft a gun case next to my right leg strapped from rear seat
    to the front of the gas tank on top of the plastic and it works great. I have used this position on a horse in the past and can unzip the back and get the gun out good and quick.
    admiral likes this.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
    2007 Yamaha TW200

congrats on your new rainbow warrior!

there's quite a few threads with possible mods for larger riders. larger foot pegs, bar raisers, heavy duty rear shock spring are a few that come to mind.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That link you shared was a big help. I will start with the risers and go from there. Im a fan of cheap mods, we have a cycle salvage in town so id prefer to pull parts off bigger bikes then buy new.

In concerns to the rear coil, is there a larger motorcycle i can pull one from?

Look into a used Blaster shock and spring. Lifts rear a bit, adjustable rebound dampening and pairs nicely with a Tri-Z fork transplant for ~ 9 inches of front suspension travel once ride heights are balanced out. Just the Blaster shock alone yields a mild stink-bug attitude.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links