T-T-T-Turbo!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-T-T-Turbo!

Has any one else seen this pic?

Looks like fun! I can't find any more info about it though.....Somewhere in Europe I assume.

I know someone one here was talking about putting a Turbo on the little Thumper!

I wonder how much HP's it puts to the rear wheel?

23o74g by Richard Todd Giordanella, on Flickr
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

OMG that's ridiculous, in a good way! Haha I've entertained thoughts of turboing my DR200. It could get hilarious when you pull up next to some guy on a brand new 250 Motocrosser and smoke him in a drag race on your 15 year old budget dual sport lmao! I can't help but think though, that if someone were to pull off a turbo TW, the motor wouldn't last very long at all. But who cares I guess if you could do it to like an old 91 that you got for 800 bucks lol ;-)
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    I can't help but think though, that if someone were to pull off a turbo TW, the motor wouldn't last very long at all. But who cares I guess if you could do it to like an old 91 that you got for 800 bucks lol ;-)

HEY! that sounds like an insult hurled in the direction of my mighty steed, a '94.... bought for $800!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Does any one know if you have to jet the carb esp for a turbo? I always wondered that even for automotive applications, if you need the main jet's etc even larger than normal to compensate for the turbo?
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Quote Originally Posted by R-T-G View Post
    Does any one know if you have to jet the carb esp for a turbo? I always wondered that even for automotive applications, if you need the main jet's etc even larger than normal to compensate for the turbo?

Turbos add air. You would need to devise a way to add fuel as well. At least that is how it works with cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullspit View Post
    Turbos add air. You would need to devise a way to add fuel as well. At least that is how it works with cars!
    There is a guy selling a nitrious kit on ebay for TWs. Seems like a cheaper route to go to blow your bike up !!!

JATO! JATO! JATO!....

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    HEY! that sounds like an insult hurled in the direction of my mighty steed, a '94.... bought for $800!

Same here! Traded a dead Kawasucki KZ750 for my '94t. They thought they were getting a great deal. They wouldn't recognize her now, and I wouldn't trade for a newer year if someone offered.

Turbo dub, 0-60 in 4 seconds, 60-anyotherspeed in never.
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

Jet Assisted Take Off?

Quote Originally Posted by R-T-G View Post
    Jet Assisted Take Off?

The best way to get a TW to fly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links