TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

kickstart and oil cooler installed

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  6Z37RLC 
#1 ·
I finally got the kickstart installed as well as oil cooler. The lizsrd cooler adapter installed nicely behind my side guard, thanks Russ nice job on the oil filter cover. I made the cooler out of billet aluminum left overs from the scrap yard. The location might be a little exposed will see how that plays out, I drilled six channels three up three down and had the fittings at the bottom. The plate on the side of the cooler will do three things, protect the cooler if the bike has a lay down, help draw more air through the cooling fins and direct more air on the hottest part of the engine even at slow to moderate speeds.
Initial air gun testing in the shop indicates the air stream will hit the front corner of the engine, installing a temp gauge and have to do some riding to test all this theory out.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. That thing is BUILT, just like all your stuff.

Nice work.

#5 ·
I've been running the goodguy 5/16" Gates hose for about 1,500 miles so far without the slightest indication that it won't last indefinitely. The return line is probably within a half inch of the lower front loop of the header. I shared your concerns at first and this installation was only intended as an an expedient during prototyping, but I'd run it permanently at this point.

Additionally, these hoses have been on and off the bike at least a dozen times at this point and they still lock onto the fitting barbs like they did on Day 1. Tighten the clamps a bit and ride away.

The Cali option puts the cooler a bit lower, but as you've probably discovered the higher your cooler fittings the more direct are your options for routing the lines. The Cali bikes have a convenient loop on the front motor mount which formerly held the canister drain line and now holds the return line a perfect distance from the exhaust. As long as there's no risk of direct contact due to movement I think you're safe at 5/8".

#7 ·
Looks great. None of the big 4 stand a chance to do a better job.

#12 ·
Though bump starting the TW works in most spots, stall your bike going uphill on a single track trail and you'll know why a kick starter is nice to have when the electric starter doesn't work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.