TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Anyone know a source for custom Japanese parts in San Francisco?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RisingSun 
#1 ·
We seem to have a pretty large Japanese community so I figure I'd ask if anyone knew of a place or person in the Bay Area that sold parts locally before I bite the bullet and did some ordering online. Thanks!

#2 ·
Well I think your the only Bay Area rider,but lets talk about what you are going to do and what parts your after. I will assist you as best I can. I live in AZ but was born and raised in Japan. Depending on the part I maybe able to give you pointers on the build,parts and companies that might sell what your looking for.

#3 ·
There's a shop that was building Japanese-style customs up there. Someone who used to come in here infrequently on the old forum had a couple of bikes they built with parts purchased through them but I don't recall their handle on the site.

I do recall that most of their bike pics seemed to be from the Presidio area. Ask around.

Try tracking down Brad Reynolds on the BARF site. He may have been involved in that.

#4 ·
Basically want to build a standard hollow mod (small battery, bates light, K&N or Uni filter) for cruising around the city. For the past year I've been riding a 500 pound, 900cc bike and rarely leaving the city and or going above 45 mph which is plain stupid and pain in the.... My main interest is in getting an exhaust that will hang below the motor and preferably one that is not wide open and super loud. I've done the Harley thing and I'm over obnoxious pipes. That being said, I'd like something a bit louder than stock cause while I don't believe the "loud pipes save lives" motto I think having a bit of sound at the flick of the throttle comes in handy in city traffic. I was looking at some of the pipes on line that have removable discs. I know the clearance will suffer but this gonna be strictly a pavement bike. Other import parts would be cool but I can most likely find cheaper alternatives domestically or fab the myself.

#5 ·
Your headlight doesn't have to be a bates just a 4.5 inch headlight off of ebay will do the same and for less. You need a battery tray or make one before you know what battery you need. K&N filter is easy. Measure the carb and how long you want it go to K&N site and look it up to order. I got a superrapp underswing muffler. Here is the easy way to order stuff Amazon Japan TW200 parts Make a Amazon Japan account and order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.