Bike Master LED head light and Acerbis Hand guards add on
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Bike Master LED head light and Acerbis Hand guards add on

Bike Master LED head light and Acerbis Hand guards add on

Since I love this Forum and people have given me a lot tips and information on TW. I feel that it is my responsibility to give back. Today I added a set of Acerbis Hand guards and a Bike Master LED replacement head light. I will give you my honest opinion and review.

For the Bike Master LED replacement light, It's really not worth the money, I have not seen any improvement VS the original Halogen lamp. Other then being a little whiter. Unless your planing to add heated grips or a vest and want to drop in amperage draw. The Halogen lamp is 50-60 watts and the Led is 25 watts. Probably add some auxiliary Led lights, next project...

For the Acerbis grips, I love the results and look good on the TW. I ordered the SKU # 2244140001 and this is a nice kit, it comes with two set of plastic guards. Fitting on a Tw requires some modifications. I had to take the grinder and dremel to in large the mounting points, but very happy with the end results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy, Fred, Ken and 3 others like this.

Sorry the bike Master H4 bulb was a disappointment. Guess there are LEDs and then there are LEDs.
    Here is my LED equipped bike just a bit ahead of SanDue’s halogen bulbed bike last weekend. I enjoy a noticeable difference in illumination. With the reduced draw now you could add auxilliary lights to improve things a bit.Fred found Dan.JPG

The all black hardware of you Acerbis hand guards is extremely nice and having the extra larger plastics for cold or brushy rides is a real bonus. IMG_4010[1].JPG
    Ken, littletommy, ejfranz and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for the honest update!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Sorry the bike Master H4 bulb was a disappointment. Guess there are LEDs and then there are LEDs.
    Here is my LED equipped bike just a bit ahead of SanDue’s halogen bulbed bike last weekend. I enjoy a noticeable difference in illumination. With the reduced draw now you could add auxilliary lights to improve things a bit.Fred found Dan.JPG

The all black hardware of you Acerbis hand guards is extremely nice and having the extra larger plastics for cold or brushy rides is a real bonus. IMG_4010[1].JPG
    What brand of led light are you running?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Ordered my Hand guards from twisted throttle, Suggested retail price was 120$ and got them for half price. Picture of hand guards installed on my TW
    IMG_4022[1].JPG

On the right LED lights and on the left Halogen, not much differenceIMG_4025[1].JPG...

Quote Originally Posted by Tw200quebec View Post
    On the right LED lights and on the left Halogen, not much differenceIMG_4025[1].JPG...
    Hard to tell by the pictures but......... I see a rather large difference between the two. Maybe adjusting the headlight up a bit would provide better results? Seems a lot of your light is being lost straight down on the front fender.

Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Hard to tell by the pictures but......... I see a rather large difference between the two. Maybe adjusting the headlight up a bit would provide better results? Seems a lot of your light is being lost straight down on the front fender.

Tom
    Yes there is a difference in color, the LED is more white and the halogen is more yellow. I don't really care about the color, I need more light to see better at night. I did some investigating and found a product from Cyclops, it's a replacement light with 7000 Lumen instead of 2400 on the bike master. Should have ordered this instead of the Bike Master. hesitated a bit cause it is a little more expensive, but now I know why... Worst thing about it is that Fortnine the place where I purchased the Bike Master Light will not refund me because I already installed the light on my bike. at the moment writing messages to Bike Master to see what can be done. What a waste of time and energy. I just want to return the dame thing and get a refund!!
    jtomelliott49 and Peterb like this.

TW200Quebec:
    This is the H4 bulb in depicted bike: 1pcs H4 Super Bright 6000k 3000lm 32w Dc12v Led Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM HondaThat is just the 32watt version. My other bike has the 55Watt equivalent and it really puts out significantly more light.
    For auxilliary lights I like the rectangular beam pattern and overall quality of these ones that mount directly to lower fork clamp bolts: Willpower 2PCS 4 inch 20W 4D LED Work Light Lamp Spot Beam Headlight LED Driving SpotlightFor SUV Truck Boat 4x4 LED Offroad Drive Fog Lamp ATV Auto Car Motorcycle,Truck,Heacy Duty Paired together these lights draw approximately the same as a stock halogen H4 bulb.
    If you wish to stay technically legal there are upgraded halogen H4s from HELLA and Sylvania Superstar somewhat better than the stock. In the USA I believe the often ignored law remains that LEDs are only permissible if vehicle was available from manufacturer with an LED option.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-03-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post

Tom
    Yes there is a difference in color, the LED is more white and the halogen is more yellow. I don't really care about the color, I need more light to see better at night. I did some investigating and found a product from Cyclops, it's a replacement light with 7000 Lumen instead of 2400 on the bike master. Should have ordered this instead of the Bike Master. hesitated a bit cause it is a little more expensive, but now I know why... Worst thing about it is that Fortnine the place where I purchased the Bike Master Light will not refund me because I already installed the light on my bike. at the moment writing messages to Bike Master to see what can be done. What a waste of time and energy. I just want to return the dame thing and get a refund!!
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links