You guy's are killing me.
Close

I've been riding TW's since '88. Only mods have been factory rear rack,kolpin 1.25 gl gas can carrier and kolpin hard gun scabbard until I found this board.

Now I'm working on extending the swingarm, Maxxis Bighorn on the rear and a Kenda 270 5.10-18 on the front. Just recieved my HyperPro front progressive springs.

So now to my question. They came with 15 wt fork oil. Should I use this or go with the factory 10 wt? I've read Lzdrs' fork tuning guide and think probably the 10 wt. My riding is a mixture of road and forest service two tracks.Single rider(205 lb)who would rather crawl than use momentum to overcome obsticles. If I can't get there at a crawl I don't need to go there. No high speed offroad.

Thanks
    '99 TW,Ricochet skid plate, Seat Concepts, Jimbo shield, 2" extended swingarm w/Maxxis Bighorn, 5.10 Kenda K270, Stealth exhuast, YZ80 hybrid front forks w/HyperPro proressive springs, ProCycle high mount front fender, ProCycle wide foot pegs, TT-R stainless head pipe, Lizrdbrth cooler, D-Flex hand guards, XT350 gas tank.

2002 Honda Spirit Shadow VT750

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

We're here to ruin your life 24/7. Get out while you still can.

Fork oil's kind of a personal thing. Everyone seems to have their own idea what constitutes "good" fork action.

What I have found with these forks is that their I.D. and air gap are so small that they respond as much to minor oil level changes as they do to oil weight. Whichever oil you choose try adding or subtracting oil 5mm at a time if you arent happy with the action.

Naturally if you're adding oil you risk blowing seals if you get too carried away. Give each level change an honest thrashing before moving up. It takes very little in either direction to soften or stiffen these forks.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I forgot to add in previous post that I started out with a 13 tooth front sprocket. I also added a second muffler to quiet it down.

I've also added a cyclerack and seat concept seat and am going to order a Jimbo shield tomorrow.

Swingarm extension to take place first of next week. I'll try and get some pictures of the pieces I had machined.
    '99 TW,Ricochet skid plate, Seat Concepts, Jimbo shield, 2" extended swingarm w/Maxxis Bighorn, 5.10 Kenda K270, Stealth exhuast, YZ80 hybrid front forks w/HyperPro proressive springs, ProCycle high mount front fender, ProCycle wide foot pegs, TT-R stainless head pipe, Lizrdbrth cooler, D-Flex hand guards, XT350 gas tank.

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'd like to see your silencer setup. Take some pictures sometime and share.

I added the second muffler to the outlet of the factory one. It is similar to the Kolpin I had on my fourwheeler and the Benz Silent rider on my Rhino. I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures in a few days.

1987 BW350

'78 Honda XL100

Sponosred Links