Duro Power Grip V2 Anybody Running This in the 27x9x14" Version on a TW ?
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By PlacerLode
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By PlacerLode
  • 1 Post By PlacerLode
  • 1 Post By TW-Brian
  • 2 Post By jb882
  • 2 Post By Thetrainer

Thread: Duro Power Grip V2 Anybody Running This in the 27x9x14" Version on a TW ?

Duro Power Grip V2 Anybody Running This in the 27x9x14" Version on a TW ?

I know TWBrian is running the 12" version (26-9-12") of this on his 2007 trailer wheel conversion but I was wondering if anybody has used this in the 14" rim version (27-9-14") on the OEM TW wheel ?

I have a 3" extension on the TW I plan to use this on I'm just wondering about the overall height and if that is going to be an issue

BTW if anybody has a scrap Duro or any other ATV tire used on a TW I'd love to see a cross section of the bead area (cut with sawsall) so I can see exactly what I'm dealing with when "trimming" the beads

I have a brand new Duro and a few other ATV tires I got from TWilight I have been tempted to cut in half but they are all brand new so it would be a waste

Duro-V2.JPG
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 01-05-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    ejfranz likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Nine inch width might make for a tight fit on a stock swing arm but your 3" should be fine. If not trim you side tread bars. You can always try trimming Russian style.
    Reminds me of early days of Bighorn and Bighorn II ATV tire installations stimulating discussions for need of swingers extensions to gain width and length clearances. Did not Ronneydog have that size but in a Bighorn II?
    A 3 inch extension will increase your suspension travel proportionally, say 7 inches just for discussion. Should bike have this 7 inches of clearance when swing arm is fully extended then no problem. Clearance might become issue with rear sub-fender/taillight assembly since tire is 3 inches to the rear and travels further in an upwards arc than stock.
    I would suggest a 60 tooth rear sprocket for gearing compensation as well as to overcome all that rotational inertia from the tall, heavier tire.
    Either way there should be a significant increase in flywheel/ gyroscope effect compared to stock and will really help maintaining momentum over rocky ledges, logs and other obstacles.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-05-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    PlacerLode likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

what the hell is Igor doing in that video other than trying to shear off his arms at the elbow ?
    westcoasting likes this.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think a 27” will be to tall and not allow much chain adjustment without an extended swing arm. My 26x9 Ceros is pretty tight width and height wise.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I think a 27” will be to tall and not allow much chain adjustment without an extended swing arm. My 26x9 Ceros is pretty tight width and height wise.
    3" swing arm extension and Red ProCycle rear spring as well as ProCycle front springs
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 01-05-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    admiral likes this.

Hidden Content

I was planning to sell the 3" extended swingarm thinking it's 1" too long but with this 27" ATV tire it might be perfect as long as the tire is not too wide

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    I was planning to sell the 3" extended swingarm thinking it's 1" too long but with this 27" ATV tire it might be perfect as long as the tire is not too wide
    If you are successful getting the 27x9x14 Duro V2 mounted, it will fit in your 3" extended swingarm. The width will be close and you may need to remove or bend the forward lower chain guard bracket on the left side of the swingarm.

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    I know TWBrian is running the 12" version (26-9-12") of this on his 2007 trailer wheel conversion but I was wondering if anybody has used this in the 14" rim version (27-9-14") on the OEM TW wheel ?

I have a 3" extension on the TW I plan to use this on I'm just wondering about the overall height and if that is going to be an issue

BTW if anybody has a scrap Duro or any other ATV tire used on a TW I'd love to see a cross section of the bead area (cut with sawsall) so I can see exactly what I'm dealing with when "trimming" the beads

I have a brand new Duro and a few other ATV tires I got from TWilight I have been tempted to cut in half but they are all brand new so it would be a waste

Duro-V2.JPG
    I don't have a scrap one but on this page there is a video that i put together that shows how i trimmed mine on a scrap tire i had kicking around.
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...d-today-3.html
    Fred and PlacerLode like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I am running that tire on a stock rim. Fits fine there was enough clearance between the tire and the swingarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PlacerLode and Fred like this.
    87 TW200 w/ TRI-z front end
    86 GL1200
    1850 Hydra Sport
    past:
    89 TW
    90 TW
    86 BW200
    GSXR
    Xj750
    Ninja1000