• 1 Post By putt-putt
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By putt-putt
  • 4 Post By Dennis6
  • 1 Post By retmotor
  • 3 Post By Fred

Thread: Aux LED lighting

Aux LED lighting

Well, I am getting down to the short strokes with regards to putt-putt's add-ons.......

I ordered a black LED headlight from JNS as well as his stainless aux light holders for the triple tree. I had aquired some Quickfists Grips from a member here however, they hit the air scoops on the XT225 tank that I had installed when the handlebars are turned all the way.......... Seeing as I was able to acquire a larger tank, the Quickfists are a moot point so I elected for LED lighting instead.

Not too worried about the $$$$. I have been looking for blackened ones to match the blackened headlight from JNS but no luck so far.......
    TIA
    littletommy likes this.
    putt-putt

If you can't find blackened LED auxiliary lights might I suggest these?
    2 of WEISIJI 20W 4 Inch Daytime Running Lights 4D Lens Spot Beam Led Work Light Bar for Cars/Jeep Wrangler/4x4-Jeep Cabin/UTE/SUV/ATV/Truck/Car/Boat/Fishing (2PCS)
    Very bright, distinctive looks, very crisply defined square beam pattern with the 5D fisheye reflector/lens combination. Several options for lens from flood to spot to amber fog lighting. Gives another pound or so of aluminum heat sink weight on the forks to help keep those wild TW wheelies in check.
    I bolted mine directly to forks without any additional bracketing necessary so they hug tightly against high mounted supermoto fender.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-29-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks Fred, I'll check those out....
    littletommy likes this.
    putt-putt

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by putt-putt View Post
    Thanks Fred, I'll check those out....
    JNS headlight with fogs recommended by Fred.
    Waiting for wiring harness to wire fogs and will probably trim mounting bolt!IMG_3437.JPGIMG_3439.JPGIMG_3441.JPG

I occasionally commute to work driving in the dark in the morning. Hopefully be able to spot the deer in time with the added light.

Do you think the fogs look O.K.? I could always install the fogs on the golf cart instead!?

Looks great, keep us posted please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis6 View Post
    JNS headlight with fogs recommended by Fred.
    Waiting for wiring harness to wire fogs and will probably trim mounting bolt!IMG_3437.JPGIMG_3439.JPGIMG_3441.JPG

I occasionally commute to work driving in the dark in the morning. Hopefully be able to spot the deer in time with the added light.

Do you think the fogs look O.K.? I could always install the fogs on the golf cart instead!?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis6 View Post
    ...Do you think the fogs look O.K.? I could always install the fogs on the golf cart instead!?
    I rather like the look.
    littletommy likes this.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Nice installation Dennis. I was very pleased when I started with some of these on my van, the narrow beam driving light versions. So I ordered more for the bike, also the narrow beam 4D fisheye rather than the amber fog or other CREE options available in this housing.
    I hope others like them as much as I do.
    Driving home the other night from a desert camp-out they helped illuminate the road ahead on empty HWY50 where traffic is so infrequent that we tend to dim our headlights when a car appears on the horizon 10 to 15 miles away. Lights helped with numerous jackrabbits which outnumbered the cars by a large number. More encounters with rabbits than cars which was fortunate in that a few of the encounters were head-ons. One light took a good rabbit hit at speed and only bent the mounting bracket slightly, very durable light. Rabbit was less durable.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links