Cycleracks Bag Supports
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Cycleracks bag supports came today as well. I thought I'd throw a pic or two of these up also.

I did not know this, but Don says these bag supports are designed to work on the front rack too.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Those are great, you'll like them. I mounted a pair of 50 cal ammo cans to mine.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Another member used clear tubing on the loops to keep the paint from grinding together.

Cut four pieces to length, then I believe he boiled them (?) to get them soft enough to go on easy.

I'm gonna have to start saving up for a rack & set of these.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i got the same rack i was thinking of getting a set of those for my bike would like to see a picture of what you decide to put on them

Srs, I saw that about the clear tubing too. I was thinking I'd run down to the hardware store tomorrow and see what I can find.

Ridgeline, I'm on the fence about how I'm going to use these. I have a Kolpin gas can on order so I'm going to see what that looks like on these. Don at Cycleracks says guys have put the gas cans on these supports and hung them off the front rack. I don't have a front rack, but I wonder what that would look like and how it would affect the handling, if at all. I'm also looking for a rifle boot that I may try and mount on one of them. And I'm looking for something that'll work as soft panniers, like molle packs. I wish I was one of those guys that could think of something and then just see it in my head, but that's not me. Anyway, I'll post up as I try different things.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

They look like (at least on the left) there is room to mount a tool-tube on the inside of the plate.

Maybe even two on the left and one low on the right (below the muffler). Or a tube on the right and a fuel pack on the left.

Then just drape soft bags over them, or mount hard boxes on the outside.

I'm gonna search the forums for a pic of these from behind to get a better idea of how much room there is.

While I definitely want a rear rack, I'm not gonna get a front rack until I find one that sits OVER the headlight so I can load it up and not block the light for road travel.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    They look like (at least on the left) there is room to mount a tool-tube on the inside of the plate.

Maybe even two on the left and one low on the right (below the muffler). Or a tube on the right and a fuel pack on the left.

I'm gonna search the forums for a pic of these from behind to get a better idea of how much room there is.

While I definitely want a rear rack, I'm not gonna get a front rack until I find one that sits OVER the headlight so I can load it up and not block the light for road travel.

SRS....my thoughts also on the front rack.....would be nice if Don would make one as suggested.Hmmmmm,if enough of us showed interest,maybe,just maybe Don would do it?.

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post

Tool Tubes mount fine on top, without blockage - my bride commented that it looked like I had rocket launchers on it. I originally mounted them under the rack but moved them up just to see how they'd do. They work fine either place. I use my bike a lot around the ranch primarely during daylight hours - it's nice to slap a small chainsaw gas can and a container of chain oil on the front rack and my tools in my bags in back.

Here's a picture of Mrs Trip's bike with seahorse cases mounted on the bag supports.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

I did pick up some tubing. Two feet is enough for both sides. I bought the 1/2" OD (3/8" ID) stuff. It's too big. The next size down will be a heck of a fight getting it on, but it's probably the way to do it. This size leaves a gap between the tubing and the support. It'll just collect dirt. I wonder how heat-shrink tubing would hold up for this application? It'd be a heck of a lot easier to install.

The Kolpin gas pack came today. The way Cycleracks has the supports pre-drilled, it's a bolt-on deal -- no drilling needed. I'll snap some pics tomorrow when it's light out and I'll pay special attention to the view from the rear so you can mentally measure for tool tubes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links