New Tail pipe?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tail pipe?

Hey, I am looking on getting a new tail pipe for the bike, any suggestions? Would like to get a little more power out of her
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

So would everyone else. Aftermarket pipes may be shiny and louder but no more power to be had.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Rule of thumb ~~ stock is best... That being stated , I put a Sparky arrestor on my tail (rather than the stock arrestor,) AND it IS better. Crisper and just a bit louder,, Perfect for letting traffic know you are coming,I screwed it right in the stock tail pipe and the stock arrestor can be put back on ifn you want to replace the whole affair. You can fine Sparky,s on ebat usually pretty darn cheap...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

sorry bout the mis spelling....

Question is why do you want a new exhaust? If it's for more power that aint gonna happen as stated. You''need a different bike or a lot of money to throw at performance cams or big bore kits. You'll only lessen the performance of the bike changing the exhaust, many users will tell you the stock exhaust is the best performer. Take the baffle out if you want it to sound badass, there's a couple hundred $ saved. Just know that even that will affect performance as well. I pop the baffle out when riding around town to be sure I'm noticed in traffic, I personally think the sound of the bike with the stock exhaust minus the spark arrestor is BOSS as it can sound. I've listened to sound bites and watched videos of other exhaust options on TW's and don't think they compare.

Is there something I can put on the back of the tail pipe once i take the baffle off to give it a clean look?
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

If all you want is noise there are safer ways to go about it than removing the baffle:

Remove the baffle. Get a LONG drill bit and drill a 1/4" hole though the center of the nosecone. Put the baffle back in.

You'll have all the racket you're looking for and it will take 6 months to destroy your motor rather than just a week.

Seriously, if you're not willing or able to rejet for the effects which mofifying the exhaust or adding an aftermarket exhaust will have on your engine you should rethink doing so.

I don't think there's a jet big enough to compensate for an open pipe.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    If all you want is noise there are safer ways to go about it than removing the baffle:

Remove the baffle. Get a LONG drill bit and drill a 1/4" hole though the center of the nosecone. Put the baffle back in.

You'll have all the racket you're looking for and it will take 6 months to destroy your motor rather than just a week.

Seriously, if you're not willing or able to rejet for the effects which mofifying the exhaust or adding an aftermarket exhaust will have on your engine you should rethink doing so.

I don't think there's a jet big enough to compensate for an open pipe.

Destroy the motor from running without the baffle? Seriously?

Seriously.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Seriously.

NOTE TAKEN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links