All Pegged out?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Pegged out?

The sources mentioned here before (D2Moto and the Ebay vendor - Dormousesleep) don't seem to have the wide TW footpegs in stock anymore and the California vendor that does have them has an aluminum variation (instead of the steel), which I'm mistrustful of. So...have I lost out on getting a set of the wide steel footpegs? Has anyone identified a new source?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    The sources mentioned here before (D2Moto and the Ebay vendor - Dormousesleep) don't seem to have the wide TW footpegs in stock anymore and the California vendor that does have them has an aluminum variation (instead of the steel), which I'm mistrustful of. So...have I lost out on getting a set of the wide steel footpegs? Has anyone identified a new source?
    How about a nice set of used pegs on Ebay. Not my listing but look good enough to me.

1987 Yamaha TW200 Wide Footpegs
    My TW is HUNGRY!

'01 TW200, WPS Handguards, D2moto Foot Pegs, Jimbo's Cafe Fairing, Tusk Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Rear Rack, 47 Tooth Rear, 3/16 Fuel Filter, Monsterbolts, Monsterbrace, HJC CL-14 Fuse, HJC ACX1, Cortech GX-AIR, RU Outside Teton Gloves

sakogu mentioned in this thread that he will have an extra set due to a shipping error.

mebbe you can sweet talk him into selling them to you?

sorry to sakogu if i put you in a hot spot.
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

in my opinion the extra wide footpegs are a lacking in one area. at least for me with my size 13 feet it would be a little more comfortable if the oversized pegs werent centered over the mounting bracket. if the bracket was a little nearer to the front of the peg it would allow my foot to rest at a little more of a downward angle.

i love the stability they provide and its easy to get used to the new foot position.

that said. if you have the ability to weld and want my old ones you could easily torch off the mounting tabs and weld them to the side of yours. the main complication i see from doing this would be that it would likely hinder the ability of the pegs to fold in..
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWmonster View Post
    How about a nice set of used pegs on Ebay. Not my listing but look good enough to me.

Bought those, installed easily and have worked fine all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmonster View Post

They are already over $30 (higher than what we'd seen before when there were new ones on Ebay) and besides, these look like the aluminum ones. I'm still holding out for the wide steel pegs.

I welded two stock sets together to make a wider foot rest. Seemed ok, but did not position my foot exactly where I would like it. Purchased the more expensive pegs (made in USA) and my feet still are not where I would like them. Will sell the welded pair for $5. plus shipping. If shipping is a concern, you will need to figure it out. My zipcode is 95973. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Thanks Giz, but I think I'll keep watching for the wide steel pegs folks were getting from the Chinese suppliers. They received good ratings from users and as I recall, were under $20 shipped.

PM to MrGizmo since Truelight declined the welded pegs -

I think the welded ones will work good for my needs and riding terrain.
    - 2004 TW200 - Jimbo's Shield - Ricochet plate - Cyclerack - SoftBottom pad - wide pegs - siderack for saddlebags - RotoPax - Maxxis 6006 tire

@Truelight:

China footpegs are listed on eBay again - different vendor though.

Footpegs eBay

- 2004 TW200 - Jimbo's Shield - Ricochet plate - Cyclerack - SoftBottom pad - wide pegs - siderack for saddlebags - RotoPax - Maxxis 6006 tire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links