V star shocks
Close

Thread: V star shocks

Hi folks. I'm trying to gather info on a softer, shorter shock. I read a post about a vstar 1100 shock mod but one of the ends does not seem the same. Should I use the 650 shock? The goal is to lower the bike and soften the suspension. I've done extensive searching on this site but still not sure about which vstar shock to use. Thanks for any input.

Vstar 1100 shock:

With mods in general, you have to be prepared to explore some on your own. Years ago I put together a rear shock thread that has become a "sticky". If I am recalling correctly, my experience with the V-Star had been outlined given the amount of information I had to work with. The mod is simple and on E-Bay, most V-Star shocks are reasonably priced. Perhaps you know where I am going with this........ Take a chance, spend a few bucks and try a couple of years. I was very happy with the unit I purchased, though I had to 'fool around' some to get it to do what "I" needed. Good luck, I am sure you can set something up for your specific needs. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Sponosred Links