What do you think?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    So as my signature says, I have a tw, bw and my fiancees ttr. I have received the go-ahead from her to find another toy. I have four options: street bike, dirt bike, 4wheeler or jetski. For safety reasons I am trying to rule out the street bike? For year-round fun I am ruling out the jetski. So I am leaning towards a more powerful dirt bike or a 4wheeler. Trying to keep my budget around $1500.

**Ah crap. Just realized that I posted this in performance and customization. Hopefully admin will have this moved to the off topic and other bikes section.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

This is hypocritical, but I find four wheelers to be dangerous, at least in comparison. They're good tools, but I don't like getting crazy on them. Working the bars will beef up your upper body quick as well.

For $1500, I'd find an old UJM and do a light restoration on it, or make it a scrambler or something.

For that kind of money if you want a bike that's ready to go, get an old XL or some other dual sport though.

I'm a pretty good fan of the classic XS650, still lots of support, and people dig them everywhere you go, but it'll keep you somewhat sane where the streetbike/crotchrocket, might just want you grabbing all the throtle all the time....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I think either the older UJM (per assquatch20) or a Suzuki DR650.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

If by Four Wheeler you mean ATV I vote for one of those! There are LOTS of good values out there, last Christmas (day after actually) I picked-up a '99 Honda 400ex for a little less than $1,500. It had been sitting for a while and was in need of basic maintenance (all things I would have done anyway) but it's proven to be a great quad! I spent a week flogging it in Moab last May, the tires (original knobbies) took the brunt of the beating but mechanically it never missed a beat! Easy to work-on too.

I'll admit to being biased though, I have three other quads and love riding out in the desert! If you have any questions about ATV's shoot me a PM or E-mail and I'll do my best to answer them.

Happy hunting!

Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

RTG
    Quads can be really fun!!

I vote for a Quad~
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

look into some old raptors!!! i picked up an 08' 350 yamaha raptor for 1400 not too long ago. awesome lil toys they're pretty much the same thing as a warrior engine wise. i would LOVE to put that in my tw200
    "Peace be the journey"

MY BIKE BUILD- Hidden Content

-2012 tw200

Still deciding but have been leaning towards a raptor. Theres a guy in charleston with a 04' 660 w/ a 720 big bore kit and a lot of other mods for $2200. A little out of my price range and may kill me but worth taking a look at.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/mcy/3357118170.html
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

I am gonna take a look at a 04' klr650 tomorrow with around 15k miles for $2300. What do you guys think? http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/3338913277.html
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

Atvs are nice because they are fun in the all year! I have been back and forth between atv's and dirt bikes since i was 7 or 8 years old and they each have their goods and bads. I dont think they are any more dangerous than dirt bikes. Yeah if you flip it you could be in for a hurtin but your not as likely to twist an ankle or put it down either. Im guessing your looking for something fast since your looking at a raptor with a big bore kit. The 400ex is a great all around atv. They make decent power and are reliable as anything out there and very little maintenance. About all of the liquid cooled 450cc+ atv's are pretty fast if thats your bag. I went from sport quads to a 04 kawasaki prairie 700 4x4 and have never looked back. Its alot of fun and i can use it for hunting or ripping through deep snow/mud and it runs as good as alot sport quads. Jetski's are like boats! The best two days of owning them are the day you buy them and the day you sell them. Alot of fun sure but unless you live on the water you have to have a trailer for it+license plates for it then you have to buy a tag for it and then you have the time and gas in your vehicle to get it to the lake and back. Well thats just my opinion but theres Alots of options out there for sure... Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links