ttr225 donor
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ttr225 donor

ttr225 donor

I bought a 2002 ttr 225 today for parts, I want to big bore one of my tw's. Is the general consensus to use a modified tw output shaft in the the ttr cases with ttr trans, tw stator and flywheel, left case cover, tw head, ttr jug, and stock tw carb, rejetted?

That essentially what I did, except I used the TTR head. There is one bearing in the TTR crankcase that will need to be replaced with the one used in the TW (a larger ID is needed for the TW output shaft). I didn't even rejet my TW carb since it runs great as is.

Thats how mine is built as well. I would highly recommend the wiseco high compression piston while youre at it. and take them JIS screws and trash them!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    Thats how mine is built as well. I would highly recommend the wiseco high compression piston while youre at it. and take them JIS screws and trash them!
    I second this recommendation for a Wiseco high compression piston!

I'll be hitting you guys up for some knowledge soon. I tore down the TTR last night, getting ready to ebay the rest of the parts bike to fund the TW projects. I might snag a tw output shaft on here or ebay for a donor so I can stick my old motor on the shelf for a spare or whatever. Planning of high compression piston, but what about webcam cams for these? Worth it? Not looking to get crazy power, but a little boost whilst keeping it reliable would be cool.

that's how mine is put together too, you'll be happy.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    I ordered a stainless allen head bolt kit on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-TW20...5Q9zeP&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Lyterx; 03-27-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    1991 TW200

I’m going to do a web cam as well. Still undecided of what grind to use. Either the 389 or 389a. I hesitate to do the 389a and give up some low end torque. I’m also undecided on the spring kit to use. Probably the beehives but I’m not sure if the dual spring kit is more durable. It’s not a race bike and I stack on the miles so it’s gotta hold up in addition to making more power.
    225 6 speed complete!
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

On my ttr225 build I went with the 389a but I am stroking, boring to 74mm's and have a port job with larger carb and custom 1.5in ID exhaust which actually tames the cam due to increased volumn and free flow intake and exhaust. The 389a on a stock tw would be pretty radical and have a high rpm power band. I am using their most expensive spring kit since the cost difference in low. If you degree the cam where it actually is advanced or opening before the straight up cam alignment you start the power earlier or lower in the rpm range and this will bring the cam power into a lower rpm and widen the power band. I am running 13.0 to 1 compression Wiseco piston which will also increase torque. I make my own octane booster from toluene and xylene with other products. With the small capacity of motorcycle fuel tanks, you don't use a lot of octane booster so it is easy to carry extra on the bike or with my travel tanks already mixed.
    Last edited by Rpmfly1; 03-29-2018 at 08:29 PM.

holy crap 13:1!!! Im very curious how all of this work turns out for you. Im kinda disappointed I couldnt put together that engines only kit in a timely manner. I would have been a little more patient, but with the baby coming soon I wanted to be making forward progress. you out to do your own build thread as many are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpmfly1 View Post
    On my ttr225 build I went with the 389a but I am stroking, boring to 74mm's and have a port job with larger carb and custom 1.5in ID exhaust which actually tames the cam due to increased volumn and free flow intake and exhaust. The 389a on a stock tw would be pretty radical and have a high rpm power band. I am using their most expensive spring kit since the cost difference in low. If you degree the cam where it actually is advanced or opening before the straight up cam alignment you start the power earlier or lower in the rpm range and this will bring the cam power into a lower rpm and widen the power band. I am running 13.0 to 1 compression Wiseco piston which will also increase torque. I make my own octane booster from toluene and xylene with other products. With the small capacity of motorcycle fuel tanks, you don't use a lot of octane booster so it is easy to carry extra on the bike or with my travel tanks already mixed.
    225 6 speed complete!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links