JNS LEd Head light - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: JNS LEd Head light

Quote Originally Posted by RaZed1 View Post
    compared to the JW Speaker led on my cruiser which is a small sun when you flick to high beam, the JNS's high beam feels pretty wimpy.
    Perhaps - but don't forget that with both beams on with the JNS, the total draw is 35W - which is all my '98 has to give .....
    MtnMan75 likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

JNS has the beat customer service
    JNS Engineering likes this.
    87 TW

A couple of things I've notice installing mine. I had to file down the inside lips in front of the welded nut for the light brackets to be able to shift back to aim it properly, otherwise it will wedge into the frame on the light and stop you from tilting back past just getting the bolt to hold the light on. I also am still trying to figure out the best approach to the wiring behind the light getting crowded especially when turning the handlebars to the right. Other than that, this is the second bike I've ordered this for, and for good reason. I can see so much better at night off to the sides and into the woods than any other alternative I've tried. Plus the dang thing just looks futuristic to me and I'm just the kinda guy that can be sold on something as simple as that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

OSHAWA, ONTARIO, FASCISTVILLE (I MEAN CANADA).
    I put one just for cleaner whiter light. It's a little bit brighter, not much. More importantly to me, I see more details on the road. Also, it was another piece of LED electrical, to reduce draw on the system.

Well... all my mods are done, maintenance all complete for a bike that sat for a very long time. Took it out tonight and just could not figure out why I couldn't get my high beam aligned right for the bike. It would be straight ahead, then I'd ride a bit and then it was off to the side. Then I noticed when on low beam, the blue arrows were vibrating on the roadway more than anything I was sensing from the road or engine vibration. Got off and looked at the light and noticed the center round lens for the high beam will move from side to side if you tilt the bike one way then the other LOL. So.... Now I am waiting for RMATV to contact me about the warranty/return. I've had no trouble and love the JNS headlight on my other bike. Other than that, had a lot of fun on this bike's maiden voyage with me today until the sun went down.

Well... be aware, I bought one of the black ones although I don't know if that is any factor or not (through RMATV you can only order black, through JNS's website you can only order chrome which is kind of odd) but after talking to RMATV's warranty department they want a few days to look through what they still have in stock as I'm one of a few to have the exact same problem within a couple weeks. Guess I'll be throwing the stock headlight back in for now. Still want one of these in the bike, so I'll wait until it gets sorted out and it will get one in there, by garsh!

John at JNS got me back in business so much faster than RMATV would have been able to. I love these lights on my dual sports! My mods are all done and I'm ready to hit the trails tomorrow. JNS is awesome!
    Last edited by MtnMan75; 08-17-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Fred and JNS Engineering like this.

So, it's funny that I was coming here to brag on what I feel was great customer service from JNS, and I find out more about why I have to wait on my Black TW200 Headlight. I received a call today from JNS, I think it was John, telling me that there was an issue with his supplier on the Black TW200 Headlight and it would be 2-3 weeks before I got my order. I am not going with any other product, so I didn't think twice about cancelling my order. I was grateful to receive a phone call explaining the issue and asking for my patience while it was resolved. Companies doing this proactively never happens anymore it seems, so call me "easy to please". Sounds like the issue is more than just a supply problem and they are taking the time to get it fixed (I could be reading into this).

BTW, long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you everyone for an awesome forum!
    admiral, littletommy, Fred and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ltotten73 View Post
    So, it's funny that I was coming here to brag on what I feel was great customer service from JNS, and I find out more about why I have to wait on my Black TW200 Headlight. I received a call today from JNS, I think it was John, telling me that there was an issue with his supplier on the Black TW200 Headlight and it would be 2-3 weeks before I got my order. I am not going with any other product, so I didn't think twice about cancelling my order. I was grateful to receive a phone call explaining the issue and asking for my patience while it was resolved. Companies doing this proactively never happens anymore it seems, so call me "easy to please". Sounds like the issue is more than just a supply problem and they are taking the time to get it fixed (I could be reading into this).

BTW, long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you everyone for an awesome forum!
    Welcome to The Forum!
    ltotten73 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Welcome to The Forum!
    Thanks! Keep up the great work!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links