Ultimate Rearview Mirror
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ultimate Rearview Mirror

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar

Ultimate Rearview Mirror

camera.jpegmonitor.jpeg

I mounted a handle bar toggle switch (Amazon $20.00) wired straight to the battery (hot and ground). I got a retrofit back up camera (eBay $25,00). I mounted the camera under my license plate on my reflector. Used a ram ball/perch mount from my mirror for my monitor. Use the ram mount with the 9mm hole. I keep the monitor in a weatherproof GPS case. Route your wires real neat with loom and heat shrink. When you are done, you will notice the view on the monitor is reversed. The internet says cut the green wire in the camera loom. I did that and got a crazy rearview parking graphic. I repaired the green wire. I cut the white wire and there it was perfect. Just something to do on a 23 degree day with seven inches of snow. The mirrors are a joke compared to this screen. The job was less than $50.00. The job a lot of fun. I love having a reason to tear this bike apart.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 03-31-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    littletommy, xupa, Peterb and 6 others like this.

That is a cool idea...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I like it!

Was the monitor part of the backup camera kit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    camera.jpegmonitor.jpeg

I mounted a handle bar toggle switch (Amazon $20.00) wired straight to the battery (hot and ground). I got a retrofit back up camera (eBay $25,00). I mounted the camera under my license plate on my reflector. Used a ram ball/perch mount from my mirror for my monitor. Use the ram mount with the 9mm hole. I keep the monitor in a weatherproof GPS case. Route your wires real neat with loom and heat shrink. When you are done, you will notice the view on the monitor is reversed. The internet says cut the green wire in the camera loom. I did that and got a crazy rearview parking graphic. I repaired the green wire. I cut the white wire and there it was perfect. Just something to do on a 23 degree day with seven inches of snow. The mirrors are a joke compared to this screen. The job was less than $50.00. The job a lot of fun. I love having a reason to tear this bike apart.
    Creative mod. I like it. Did you include the “Ram ball perch mount” in $50 total?

#GYG
    '13 TW200

A.T.
    littletommy likes this.

Yes. Kit was camera and monitor for $25.00. Instructions in Chinese. One of those manila packages wrapped in clear tape with Chinese writing on it. It always looks like heroine is being delivered to the house. I had the Ram ball mount. I was originally going to use the GPS case for a GPS on another bike. The GPS case was also a few dollars. I had it for another bike and is a much higher quality part than otherwise needed. I bought the perch with 9mm hole off Amazon for about $12.00. I hate having new in box parts sitting around in my fifties. You know what I mean? When you die they get thrown out or given away. The monitor comes with own mounting set up. I broke it off with pliers and cleaned the wound with a Dremel drum sander.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-01-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    Yes. Kit was camera and monitor for $25.00. Instructions in Chinese. One of those manila packages wrapped in clear tape with Chinese writing on it. It always looks like heroine is being delivered to the house. I had the Ram ball mount. I was originally going to use the GPS case for a GPS on another bike. The GPS case was also a few dollars. I had it for another bike and is a much higher quality part than otherwise needed. I bought the perch with 9mm hole off Amazon for about $12.00. I hate having new in box parts sitting around in my fifties. You know what I mean? When you die they get thrown out or given away. The monitor comes with own mounting set up. I broke it off with pliers and cleaned the wound with a Dremel drum sander.
    Any links to products used?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    littletommy likes this.

That’s a cool, unique mod for a reasonable price. I’m sure you’re looking forward to getting it on the road/trail. Cheers
    littletommy likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)

Parts:
    Toggle Switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Camera/Monitor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-4-3-TFT...97.m4902.l9144
    Perch Mount: https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Motorcy...602404&sr=8-15
    Ram Mount: https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Composi...2602404&sr=8-1
    GPS Case: https://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-R...all+connection
    This case is far nicer than the job calls for, but I had all the parts lying around, so I used them. It is a very nice case. Extremely versatile.

The rest is hardware/fabricating/crimps/loom/heatshrink etc. Just do the job your way. It is ok to cut the back of the monitor up to fit in the case. Nobody will call the cops. NOTE: YOU MUST CUT THE WHITE WIRE. If you do not cut the white wire your image is reversed. It is a very thin wire. It is a loop on the camera harness with a green wire. Never cut the cable for the camera. If you cut the green one, you get a funny surprise...then repair the wire.

Will his earn me a "Sticky?"
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 04-01-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Whee! an ass eye view of traffic. I have one on my Nissan van.
    Phelonius

you get kudos for creativity, would be good on a street version, but I would guess a few days on a rough trail will leave you staring at a blank screen. for my my $ cant beat this one:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...RoC9-8QAvD_BwE

had them for 10 years on my XRL650 30k miles off road never broke one stays where you put them love them! they are being transferred to my TW right now!
    littletommy likes this.
    DMAN

TW200D

HODAKAS, 950 KTM ADV, YAMAHAS

"EVERY SOLUTION IS THE SEED OF THE NEXT PROBLEM"

YOU CAN HAVE IT GOOD, FAST, OR CHEAP = PICK 2

IF ITS GOOD AND FAST, ITS NOT CHEAP. IF ITS GOOD AND CHEAP ITS NOT FAST, IF ITS FAST AND CHEAP , ITS NOT GOOD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links