Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Utah TW200 Build

Utah TW200 Build

2018-04-03 14.58.16.jpg

Picked up a lightly used 2015 TW200 (550 miles) recently and have begun making it my own. I am a moderately experienced rider with experience on XRís back in the day and KTM EXC bikes more recently. After some hip surgery the KTMís were just too much stress on the hip so I left bikes and went to SXSís. After a few years without, I wanted a bike again and decided to go low and slow since I love to explore the west. I plan on a few different mods over time but I needed to start with the suspension.

Iím a big guy at 250+ 5í10Ē tall but only have a 30Ē inseam. I ordered the .70kg front springs and 19kg rear spring from pro cycle. The fork had a lot more oil on one side than the other when I disassembled them. I filled them with 10wt to the 130mm level and Iím very happy with the feel. The rear used to sag several inches and now itís only about 1Ē. The bike feels totally different in a great way and while noticeably firmer, it soaks up the bumps much better than stock. Iíll post other mods as I do them in this thread. I need to replace the battery and add hand-guards. Some jetting and exhaust may be happening soon as well.

Welcome to the forum!!
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome! 200cc of low and slow will get you just about anywhere you want to go.....
    1991 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UTJeeper View Post
    2018-04-03 14.58.16.jpg

Picked up a lightly used 2015 TW200 (550 miles) recently and have begun making it my own. I am a moderately experienced rider with experience on XRís back in the day and KTM EXC bikes more recently. After some hip surgery the KTMís were just too much stress on the hip so I left bikes and went to SXSís. After a few years without, I wanted a bike again and decided to go low and slow since I love to explore the west. I plan on a few different mods over time but I needed to start with the suspension.

Iím a big guy at 250+ 5í10Ē tall but only have a 30Ē inseam. I ordered the .70kg front springs and 19kg rear spring from pro cycle. The fork had a lot more oil on one side than the other when I disassembled them. I filled them with 10wt to the 130mm level and Iím very happy with the feel. The rear used to sag several inches and now itís only about 1Ē. The bike feels totally different in a great way and while noticeably firmer, it soaks up the bumps much better than stock. Iíll post other mods as I do them in this thread. I need to replace the battery and add hand-guards. Some jetting and exhaust may be happening soon as well.
    Welcome to the forum.

After messing around with different homemade spacers (front & rear) to stiffen up the suspension, I finally got the same springs you did for my TW last year. What a good difference it has made for me. Makes riding the whoops (which I hate) much better and less bouncy. Really nice on washboard roads compared to the stock springs. Last week while riding the Devil's Racetrack at San Rafael Swell, my rear only bottomed out once and this was the first time since I installed the springs last year.

If it's too stiff for you I think the 2015's still have a rear shock which the clip spring could be lowered to make it a little softer. I've not done it so can't say for sure and going off advise which was given when I moved my spring clip on the rear shock to the top position which did stiffen it (preload).

Oh, and I'm a tad north of you on the weight and height scale.

Once again, welcome and have fun riding your less powerful mode of fun!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Welcome aboard. The 2015 is a great year.

Just did 400 miles on my 2015 with my son. The 2 of us plus gear weighed 320lbs. No problems at all.
    Ken, admiral, Lyterx and 3 others like this.
    John 15:13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

If this verse is true (and it is) then what does it say about Christís love? He died for us not when we were His friends but when we were His enemies.

2015 TW200
    2009 Harley Fat Boy

Ken
    Welcome, enjoy the new ride.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Was this 400 miles in one day?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Was this 400 miles in one day?
    Yes, then rode 135 miles today
    littletommy, Ken, Lyterx and 1 others like this.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

If this verse is true (and it is) then what does it say about Christís love? He died for us not when we were His friends but when we were His enemies.

2015 TW200
    2009 Harley Fat Boy

I have the stiffer rear spring from pro cycle but canít figure out how to compress it to switch it out. No place has the press here where I live in Nicaragua. I know that will make a big difference as others have mentioned.

2015 TW200
    2009 Harley Fat Boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links