Question about Tank MOD
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guy and Girls,

I have a question about modding a tank to fit my TW and wanted to get some opinions before I try anything. The tank is a Clark tank

http://www.clarkemfg.com/clarke-plas...308-p-601.html

I just want to know if anyone thinks that there is a way to get this tank to fit a TW.

Sorry if this is a noob question but I am a Noob. Also I am looking at this tank because I like the tank shrouds so if any one has any idea on how to Mod tank shrouds that would be great.

That clarke link didn't work for me. I believe Mrgizmow as created shrouds for this TW.
    -Szj

2001 TW

Clarke Makes a TW Tank that bolts right on.

A bunch of guys put on the XT tanks. They take a little more work to fit. Search this forum and you will find gobs of info on it.

I haven't seen anyone post about fitting that particular tank that you posted. Doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input, I have searched the site and google for hours I have seen the XT mod and like the idea but what I like about this tank is that the shrouds are part of the tank and hold the extra fuel.

So far I love this forum though, lots of great walk throughs and really helpful people.

PS: I fixed the link.

Just by looking at that tank and picturing it on the bike I would think all of the fuel in the lower part of the wings is just going to be unusable. Unless you move the petcock or put one petcock on each side then join them together before going to the carb. If not you will carry more gas, but , won't get to use it.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

True but even with my current TW tank I notice that the fuel is not fully used as it still puddles on the side opposing the petcock. So the double petcock sounds like a good idea but I am not sure that I like where I think I may have to put them...

Yeah it may look a bit funny. Then again if you are just putting that style of tank on for looks then it doesn't matter. But if you are looking for functionality you got some engineering to do. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with better advice.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    Just by looking at that tank and picturing it on the bike I would think all of the fuel in the lower part of the wings is just going to be unusable. Unless you move the petcock or put one petcock on each side then join them together before going to the carb. If not you will carry more gas, but , won't get to use it.
    unless you can ride a long wheelie when you are low on gas.....
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    unless you can ride a long wheelie when you are low on gas.....
    There is a guy thinking outside the box! Very creative solution. I'm sure icpchad could do it.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

if you are just looking for tank shrouds for cosmetic reasons: https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/4492-xt225-tank/

but gives another 1/2 gallon.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links