Acerbis rear fuel tank?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So im headed to the carolina's next month to visit family and plan to tak my bike and ride some. Its all stock so was looking for ways to extend my range. Ive seen most the common additions, ie, clarke tank, msr bottles, etc... One i havent seen is the Acerbis rear fuel tank. I mainly ride roads, and thought it could be a nice way to add some range. Looks like it might just be at home on the rear stock rack.

http://justgastanks.com/product_info...roducts_id=351

That is pretty cool! Don't even have to stop and add it to your front tank, it plumbs right in! Great idea.

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

I'm just going to be honest. If you are on the East coast of the US how far do you think you will ever be from a gas station. You said yourself you mostly ride the street ...pull over and fill up...hell your azz will be sore after 100 miles any way have you ever ridden it til you ran it out of gas? In my experience your feet, hands and butt give out before the stock fuel supply.

Why bother with the hassle and expense of something you won't likely use. That's my nickel.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I did think ok that also...... Im not sure of the area i will be in will have enough gas stations.....although i will have a chase truck ( wife and kids) so thats easy enough to toss a can in the truck. Last time i rode in this area i could easily go 120 miles on the back roads an not find a station. So all my routes were mapped out from station to station.....

Neat idea. Also get a larger main tank and you will have some very serious range at your disposal.

I for one don't like anything behind me for those times I crash. The tank wouldn't be so bad with the rounded corners but I have seen guys with large plastic milk cases. The corner of one of those boxes catching you in the back has got to hurt. I removed my wooden ammo box for that very reason. (See avatar.)
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

The Clarke tank is the easiest, cleanest solution to give you more range. It bolts right on, it took all of ten minutes. That would be my recommendation. No rusting, no dents, more fuel it is a great buy. I have one and love it. I have never even come close to running out of gas with this tank. I think there is even a group buy going on right now. Jump in on it!

You telling me if you put a dot on the map anywhere in the Carolina's you can draw a 120 circle around it and there isn't a gas station inside that circle....come on?
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

I would go with the clarke tank (which I'm thinking of doing). I have one of those koplin fuel packs (1 1/2 gal) that attach to bracket on back rack. I have it laying flat because like Tony said, you really don't want something behind you if/when you crash or need to hop off. I like the fuel pack because easy to not take along if your planning a ride less then 100 miles. After a 100 miles I'm usually ready to quit riding anyway. I figure with full stock tank and koplin I can go about 225 miles. put a clarke on and I would be carrying 4 gals of fuel and could go approx 300 miles?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    You telling me if you put a dot on the map anywhere in the Carolina's you can draw a 120 circle around it and there isn't a gas station inside that circle....come on?

Haha no that's not what I'm saying at all. That would suck if true. The rules I have rode before were close to 80--90 miles without finding a station along the route I was taking. These were truely back roads of the mountains. Might not see another soul for the entire ride once off main streets. And cell phones don't work where ill be going. But I'm sure the stock tank will be fine for now. Like you guys have said after 80-90 miles I'm sure my butt will need a break.

I like the idea of the Clark tank but just not the looks or the fact that decals won't adhere for long if at all. The large sides that are blank look strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kenfyoozed View Post
    These were truely back roads of the mountains. Might not see another soul for the entire ride once off main streets.

Sounds good, when do we leave?
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Hoping I can get her back together by the time to go....... Few days before thanksgiving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links