Rubber Windscreen - and Rubber on Cyclerack
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here's my TW200. I added Protaper ATV Hi Bars, Large foot pegs, Coleman Tank Saddle Bags, Coleman ATV Seat Pad, Cycleracks Rear Rack. I then made out of some sheet rubber a windscreen reinforced behind with thicker rubber frame. I also covered some of the Cyclrack with 5/8" rubber air hose that I slit and slipped on.

RUBBER WIND SCREEN: It's an ok mod right now because the rubber bends when I was riding into a 10 MPH wind at 60 mph. I'll have to reinforce it with more of the thicker rubber or just add some bent wire hanger.

I thought of trying this because someone mentioned about a plastic windscreen seeming like a guillotine when climbing steep off road hills. So I thought, why not rubber. That shouldnt hurt too bad hitting my throat

The rubber sheets can be purchased from a number of suppliers like http://www.zorotools.com . You can use 1/8" thick for the screen (about $7 for a 12"x12" sheet) and 1/4"thick for backing ($8 for 2"x36") reinforced with bent hanger wire. I just use contact cement on both surfaces (follow package directions).

The screen attaches to the post that the headlight cover attaches to. I punched a hole in the windscreen rubber a slid it on the post first, then the stock rubber grommet on next. The headlight plastic still slips in the grommet, only a little tighter.

I then used two pieces of industrial strength velcro ( with adhesive backing - get it at any Menard's or the like) to stick the windscreen to the plastic headlight cover.

If you order some rubber sheets get more than you need because having scrap rubber sheets have come in handy for other misc applications. I had the rubber already from some scrap pile I salvaged from years ago.

looks great! i might have rounded off the corners at the top just a tad to match some of the other corners, but it's a great idea and a creative solution.

Nice,

I like the way that the air hose makes the Cyclerack frame look thicker. That makes it look better than stock (in my opinion).

Why did you add the hose?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is one clean Tdub!! Very Nice!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

I have to agree with retro. Clean up those sharp corners, other than that looks great. Not really sure why you wrapped the rack but i'm sure you have your reasons.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Slick and functional!

Cool mods. If you don't mind, can you tell us where you picked up the materials?

Maybe even a how-to for the windscreen? Thanks.

Once in a while I use some rear saddle bags with a metal brace/bracket over the cycle rack and under the saddle bags. The metal brace rattled on the cycle rack so I added cut hose sections similar to yourself. Sure helped muffle the rattle. Oh, and your color hose is better than the one I used (green).
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrofit View Post
    looks great! i might have rounded off the corners at the top just a tad to match some of the other corners, but it's a great idea and a creative solution.

Thanks. Yeah, it was a pretty rough cut. I'll clean it up some. I was going to cut the top in blocks to represent the knobby tires but decided not to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links