Ordered a tool post grinder forto do the c-clip grooves in the TW to 6 Speed shafts..
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Ordered a tool post grinder forto do the c-clip grooves in the TW to 6 Speed shafts..

Ordered a tool post grinder forto do the c-clip grooves in the TW to 6 Speed shafts..

Hope it will work as I want it to, Wish me luck, I have two shafts to do when I start on my engine project here in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by DougDotyTW200; 05-08-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Hey Doug,

I just had a fellow forum member ask me if I knew anyone who could do this mod, so I will send him your way !

I also went out and checked in my garage, and it looks like a 4 1/2" Harbor Freight metal cutting wheel would be the perfect width for grinding this slot. You could almost use an angle grinder to do this if you could figure out how to fixture it.

This mod should be a piece of cake for you,

Brian

I’m the one Brian mentioned Doug. Trying to figure out my options for getting the output shaft installed in my xt225 project motor. Do you have a plan for the spacers? Has anyone a definitive answer as to what oil passage mods are must do. Seems to be a bunch of people who have done the output shaft circlip groove and spacers, but the oil passage is rarely spoken about.
    jtomelliott49 and PlacerLode like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hey Doug,

I just had a fellow forum member ask me if I knew anyone who could do this mod, so I will send him your way !

I also went out and checked in my garage, and it looks like a 4 1/2" Harbor Freight metal cutting wheel would be the perfect width for grinding this slot. You could almost use an angle grinder to do this if you could figure out how to fixture it.

This mod should be a piece of cake for you,

Brian
    I think so too. In so many cases I find I am short a tool of some kind and if the purchase can be offset by doing a couple of the operations then it is a buy deal for me. Even if it this tool post grinder fails to work for me in this application I have a machine shop I have dealt with for 30 years building molds that is going to do it for me so the more the cheaper either way !!!
    TW-Brian and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by billdapart View Post
    I’m the one Brian mentioned Doug. Trying to figure out my options for getting the output shaft installed in my xt225 project motor. Do you have a plan for the spacers? Has anyone a definitive answer as to what oil passage mods are must do. Seems to be a bunch of people who have done the output shaft circlip groove and spacers, but the oil passage is rarely spoken about.
    I have read about enough conversion where the hole was not installed that I am not concerned about it at this time.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

ive got 10k without modding the oil hole. I didnt do it on my new build either. I did however put the first output shaft in a lathe and used a dremmel to do the groove. Never gave me an issue. this time I had a machine shop do it just cause.
    JerseyJeeper, Tweaker, Ken and 2 others like this.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

Awesome! Well, I am sold on trying to do this via the cheaper option. Let me know where/when I can send you my shaft Doug.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by billdapart View Post
    Awesome! Well, I am sold on trying to do this via the cheaper option. Let me know where/when I can send you my shaft Doug.
    My tool post grinder shipped today, I will start on it as soon as it arrives. Since I am doing it myself I do not need all 3 at one time for cost efficiency. I will come right back here and post as soon as I am successful with the setup. Sounds good.

Add me to the list. I picked up an 03 ttr225 the other day. Gonna be a slow build for me as well. Would like to keep my 200 complete, as it runs pretty well. So i need to find another tw side case, stator, flywheel, etc...

I'll buy another output shaft and send it to you to mod, if you find you are successful. Plus whatever you want for payment.
    I worry about trying to find a machinist here and being able to accurately describe what i need.
    Feel better about using someone who knows what this is even for, lol
    jtomelliott49 and PlacerLode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacoWacko View Post
    Add me to the list. I picked up an 03 ttr225 the other day. Gonna be a slow build for me as well. Would like to keep my 200 complete, as it runs pretty well. So i need to find another tw side case, stator, flywheel, etc...

I'll buy another output shaft and send it to you to mod, if you find you are successful. Plus whatever you want for payment.
    I worry about trying to find a machinist here and being able to accurately describe what i need.
    Feel better about using someone who knows what this is even for, lol
    I appreciate. We have exact specs of what has worked consistently for multiple folks and I will verify that info against self generated dimensions from comparing both shafts. I will advise when I an ready... Thanks for the vote of confidence. The last thing I will ever do is sell a service I am not confident in. I am slowly working toward starting up a one stop TW Shop location for the custom things I am doing to my bikes.

Doug...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links