DIY Parts Storage Bin
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThumperATX

Thread: DIY Parts Storage Bin

DIY Parts Storage Bin

my newest TW is a stripped down brat/tracker build and because of this, real estate is at a minimum when it comes to parts/tool storage.
    because of this, I came up with a handy way to keep spare fuses and a plug under the seat. in the past i kept a spare plug in a plug caddy behind the side panel. no dice with this bike.

this bike has an FMF pipe and FMF jet kit that was not tuned well so it was not playing nice with plugs when i first got it.

this bike is possessed by electrical demons. the wiring is real shoddy and exposed. because of this i upgraded the old style inline fuse holder with a HD weatherproof ATO/blade fuse holder that tucks down in the battery box like it was meant to be. also this plug/fuse caddy fits perfectly in the battery box with the most undersized scooter battery that can still crank the bike.

i carry a few tools in my backpack when i'm riding until I can figure out how I want to do a tool roll on this ugly beast.
    1996 Yamaha TW200
    2009 Genuine Buddy 125

to start with find an old altoids tin and an altoids mini tin.
    0.jpeg

paint and sharpie work is optional. but with a rattle can and a sharpie you can brag built not bought i suppose.
    1996 Yamaha TW200
    2009 Genuine Buddy 125

BUILT NOT BOUGHT BRO!
    1.jpeg
    the plug fits perfectly along side the mini tin. i had a slip-on cardboad plug protector from an NGK plug and just reinforced it with electrical tape.
    2.jpeg
    plenty of room for a few bulbs as well. i am in the process of converting the aftermarket signals to LED so i will have room to throw in a spare once i get the LEDs.
    Last edited by ThumperATX; 05-29-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    1996 Yamaha TW200
    2009 Genuine Buddy 125

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

the mini tin holds the spare fuses with plenty of room for other bits and bobbles. i wrote the NGK and Champion plug #'s and gap in the lid because i always forget.
    3.jpeg
    NOTE: the ILCO metal key your local hardware store/locksmith will likely have in stock fits inside the mini tin. not that i'm advocating permanently storing it there like a hide-a-key but if you're in BFE on a trail and lose your key...
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    1996 Yamaha TW200
    2009 Genuine Buddy 125

Sponosred Links