Suzuki vanvan 200 Fuel Injection TW200 conversion - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Suzuki vanvan 200 Fuel Injection TW200 conversion

The better, easier, and more cost effective solution might be to just buy a VanVan.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    The better, easier, and more cost effective solution might be to just buy a VanVan.
    funny you say that because the more I look at mine the more I like the design over the TW so other than the 1.5 inches less front fork travel on the RV200 I love everything I see. If the DR200 tank can be fitted that solves the fuel capacity issue at 3.4 gallons but the stock vanvan tank is the same as a stock TW
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Ken
    I have done only 1 carb overhaul at 40,000 miles on my TW using ethanol contaminated gas. I Kreem tank lined my tank. The Kreem kit I bought had enough for 2 bikes so I just did the TW with the extra after I did my other bike. I put Marvel Mystery Oil in, about 1/2 ounce each tank. It worked for me. At minimum I ride it weekly. Fuel injection would mainly be superior for those doing major elevation changes during their rides.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I agree with not trusting dealers which why I don't understand how FI frees you of dealing with them. Maybe you deal with them less often then with carbs if you don't do your own repairs. Otherwise is this something you could repair yourself? I've been led to believe only authorized dealers can do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I agree with not trusting dealers which why I don't understand how FI frees you of dealing with them. Maybe you deal with them less often then with carbs if you don't do your own repairs. Otherwise is this something you could repair yourself? I've been led to believe only authorized dealers can do anything with them.
    It depends on your skills and the bike. Most KTMs have aftermarket programmers and ecms available, you can download custom fuel maps, change timing and advance. Make your own fuel maps. It usually takes a year for the aftermarket to catch up with new models so you enjoy your oem warranty for that year and then start playin when it's over. It's really much easier then you would think and there is a big community to help.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

with the vanvan FI you are never going to need any dealer computer tuning or any of your own computer tuning there is probably nothing programmable simple replacing a control module in a worst case scenario like a fire I doubt the control module would ever fail under normal riding

TrailWoman never said anything about FI freeing you from dealers it's just for every person here saying they have never had carb issues I know of a thousand TW owners who have hell I buy carb parts by the dozen and reorder often lol
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 06-27-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Hidden Content

One thing I haven't found on the vanvan is any kind of crank sensor I don't see it in any crank or crankcase diagrams nor in wiring harness or electrical parts diagrams. this is kind of an unusual setup perhaps it can use the magneto trigger as the position sensor ???

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    Unless you're frequently traveling between extreme elevations and have an authorized dealer on each end who has a computer to service your EFI I don't see the point. I bought my 2015 and did little to maintain it except add a fuel stabilizer and run the carb dry before storing it for more then a month. Now I ride year round so I do nothing but keep it running. IMO adding EFI to a TW would ruin it's classic simplicity and easy to work on nature. For the price of EFI by the sounds of it you could buy a new gas tank, carb, and airbox and have no problems if you maintain it accordingly.

This is a common misconception. But in reality it’s a non issue. Speaking as a professional licensed mechanic for the past 18years. Most fuel injection systems are FAR FAR less problematic than carbs. Think about it there just simply less parts to go wrong. As for needing a scan tool with a simple TBI injection system you really don’t. There’s nothing there to worry about. You have a fuel pump an injector and a control unit/ecm and a couple sensors. It’s about as basic you can get and all but the computer can be tested with a bloody $10 multimeter that takes just as much training to use as cleaning a carb (which I have had to do on my TW and Ozark. 250).

That being said when was the last time you had to bring your car in for a fuel injection issue. I’d reason to bet that be a very very rare occasion because generally very little fails with fuel injection.

And fuel injection is NOT a new concept. It’s been around in gas engines since the 1930s (bmw famously had it on thvery reliable messersmit BF109 wwII fighter).

Simply put fuel injection is superior to carbs in EVERY single way.

Now as a tech I’m fine running either as I can deal with either. BUT that being said I have NEVER had to touch any or my injected machines. And two of the three carbed machines have had the carbs pulled to be cleaned so there is that.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2003 Suzuki Ozark 250

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    you will need to have a battery with a charge but most of us do

I bet you could start the TW with a teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole with would allow kick starting enough to get voltage output from the generator

you could also carry a lithium ion starter pocket pack to get starting voltage with a dead battery

even if it wouldn't work I'd still prefer the FI over the carb

this will be an optional conversion we will not force any of you to vote for Trump or to convert to FI lol
    No FI, but still voting for TRUMP!
    You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office!

Theirs a ass for every seat!

FI on a TW is the work of the Democrats ....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links