Suzuki vanvan 200 Fuel Injection TW200 conversion - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Suzuki vanvan 200 Fuel Injection TW200 conversion

I find it funny that anyone here in 2018 would question the superiority of Fuel Injection over the carb! It's about time the TW joined the 21st century! I have always had Chevy vans and when they went from the four barrel carb to F.I. it was a glorious thing

Are there people here who prefer shoe breaks over discs?
    Peterb, Tinybear, Tweaker and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
    I find it funny that anyone here in 2018 would question the superiority of Fuel Injection over the carb! It's about time the TW joined the 21st century! I have always had Chevy vans and when they went from the four barrel carb to F.I. it was a glorious thing

Are there people here who prefer shoe breaks over discs?
    Why yes! There is a very popular member who does (not me).. lol But I know why and agree.
    elime and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    I store mine with ethanol gas all the time. All winter in fact, sometimes longer (no choice, can't get non-E). I always store it with Sea Foam in the tank.

The trick to never ever having an issue (for me over many years) is to have a fuel filter in place, having fresh sea foam mixed in when starting the store-it period and most importantly:

ALWAYS ALWAY ALWAYS drain the carb with the drain screw on the bottom that was in-fact put there for that purpose. Then run the engine till it dies from lack of fuel.

I have never had a problem since I started doing this years ago, it only take 60 seconde of my time, the bike idles and purrs like a kitten every time.

The tank looks shiny and new inside, never has slime and the filter is always clean, never been changed (it's a clear right angle filter with a screen).

I always mix the sea foam in and let it run long enough to make sure it's mixed fully and through the carb (a five minute ride).

Before I started this exact process I always had to battle it to get a good even idle and at times getting it started was a process to say the least.

So, Add sea foam, mix it in thoroughly, run it through, use a good filter and drain your carb every time your done with the bike and you will never have a problem guaranteed.

It's worked for me for 5 years flawlessly, even last year when i spent all my time on other bikes.

Use the right screw driver on the drain screw and you'll be using the same drain screw for at least 5 years without issue.

I USE Airplane Fuel from the local airport In all my small engines .
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by greenbomb View Post
    I USE Airplane Fuel from the local airport In all my small engines .

I used too buy AV too but it has lead in it and my new bikes have oxygen sensors and cats and I can't put lead in them. It's also crazy pricey here and you have to buy 50! Gallons at a time or they won't service you. End of day what I'm doing draining the carb every time it's stored has been a perfect 100 percent solution. It's how boats are stored here in the winter on the jersey shore.

I would say your solution was mine and it is a good one but when they went to the 50 gallon minimum and I got a newer bike it just wasn't worth the hassle for me. I was also afraid my son, wife or daughter famous gas thieves would put the leaded fuel in their car when I wasn't looking.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Well,is anybody going to do this or any other EFI conversion in the TW?
    2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I'm actually considering the opposite direction and getting rid of my battery for a capacitor. I already have the cap and kickstarter....just waiting for the ambition to get into it. Probably this spring.
    Miaugi and PlacerLode like this.

In order to save weight?
    Isn't it going to be more hassle having to charge it or jump start before each ride?
    2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Yes. It is a little give and take that I think I'll prefer. I'm richening up the fuel mix for easier starting and I'm adding kickstart weight down low that is easier to balance. The capacitor should be capable of electric start within 48 hours of running the engine. I've seen people use them in cars instead of batteries.
    Miaugi and YamTW87 like this.

I am surprised no one has said this yet but I have been known to poke a bear now and again. Where the hell is QWERTY when we need him most?

For those newcomers here and as a reminder to us older geezers, QWERTY claimed he had a highly modified TW #2. He claimed it had his own designed FI system and was producing near 20 HP and could reach top speeds near 90 MPH. Not one of us ever saw the bike in person or even in pictures and we have not seen QWERTY for at least a few years now. Most of us feel that his mother disconnected the WWW to her basement where he lived. Those are some bad memories from a while back here on the forum but QWERTY had it all figured out and all the rest of us were just ignorant fools in his opinion.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sounds like QWERTY wanted to "see if these bastards can do 90" and traveled through time back to 1955...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links