Windshield
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Windshield

Windshield

Well I would love a windshield of some kind. I emailed the guy at trailway café for the café/ jimbo shield a couple times already and have had no response. Is he still in business? If any of you fine people have any suggestions I would love to hear them. The café shield fits and looks nice, however appears to be a bit on the small side. Kinda thinking I might want a handlebar mounted shield if there are any out there that fit without too much of a modification. Got my cycleracks rear rack on the way. Cant wait for that. Good thing my wife lets me have a nice allowance for customizing. Thanks y'all.

I just shot him a text letting him know that you're looking for one...
    Lyterx and Miaugi like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I think he's up in the mountains right now enjoying his retirement. He texted me back and he'll be home in a few hours and will look for your email.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Jimbo shield does more than you'd think. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference. But you're not going to get the protection of a large on road type of windscreen.
    One of the reasons you don't see them on many off road motorcycles is they tend to become cutters in crashes.

The TW isn't that fast so a big windshield would seem to be more in the way than helpful. But I know others use their motorcycles differently. That's one of the good things about customizing, you can do what you want!
    NVcowboy likes this.

I really appreciate my Jimbo shield. Really nice quality and easy to install and remove.
    goldenhtr and NVcowboy like this.

Hey littletommy,

If you have a have a direct line to the windshield god, could you please give him a prayer from me? My last prayer from May 11 wasn't heard...

Cheers, Bert.
    littletommy likes this.
    1981 Vespa Piaggio PX80E
    1983 Zündapp KS80 Super
    2012 Yamaha TW200

Quote Originally Posted by wersonst View Post
    Hey littletommy,

If you have a have a direct line to the windshield god, could you please give him a prayer from me? My last prayer from May 11 wasn't heard...

Cheers, Bert.
    Do you mean you've ordered a windshield but haven't heard back yet?
    wersonst likes this.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    The Nationalcycle DX windshield is the best windshield in the world. Nobody should get any other windshield than the Nationalcycle DX. Everyone should put a National Cycle DX windscreen on their TW.

Note***fabricate your "L" brackets out of round steel stock and paint them black for the best mounting and adjustment. Make the brackets a foot in each direction and zizz wheel them off as you see fit for trimming. Do not worry about the coefficient drag. I can still keep up with the Katanas (When my TW is in the back of my truck). I will say that with the DX and a spoiler I still see 65 MPH is complete stock form all day long.

I also want to say that Jimbo is the real deal with an excellent product. I spend more time on open road than I ever thought I would when I got the bike. I just needed a bit more shield.

Littletommy, I asked him how to order, i.e. what info he needs and never heard back.
    littletommy likes this.
    1981 Vespa Piaggio PX80E
    1983 Zündapp KS80 Super
    2012 Yamaha TW200

Quote Originally Posted by wersonst View Post
    Littletommy, I asked him how to order, i.e. what info he needs and never heard back.
    Ok, here's what you need to do...

Email him at: [email protected]

Provide him your: Full Name and Forum name, shipping address, phone number, and let him know the color you prefer. That's about it.

When you do this, if you let me know, I'll text him and give him a heads up for you so he can get right on it for you...

Jim's good people... and makes a real quality windshield.

(tell him tommy sent ya...haha)
    Darth, goldenhtr, Fred and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links