Suggestions for Clark XT350 tank bag
Close

The title says it all. I have the 4 gallon Clark XT350 tank on my TW and most of the tank bags are magnetic mount. Anyone know of a reasonably priced strap on bag that fits well dimentionally? I might even be interested in tank saddle bags if the the setup seemed right. Thanks!

I made a "Z" shap out of a Simpson bracket that screws to underside of seat pan then Z's up and over tank providing about a 4"x4" metal mounting base on top of tank between seat and gas cap. To that one can attach a suitable small storage bag. Mine has no straps. Just an idea.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks Fred, I'll have to look into that. As far as off the shelf options go it looks like the Nelson-Rigg CL-2014-ST is the winner. Spendy but most stuff is either too large or so small its almost not worth having.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBW View Post
    The title says it all. I have the 4 gallon Clark XT350 tank on my TW and most of the tank bags are magnetic mount. Anyone know of a reasonably priced strap on bag that fits well dimentionally? I might even be interested in tank saddle bags if the the setup seemed right. Thanks!
    I use industrial strength Velcro,works great. Originally put it there so my Dog didn't slip while we ride but now l us it for holding whatever.
    You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office!

Theirs a ass for every seat!

I've really loved the Wolfman Enduro tank bag. Got about 45,000 miles on the bag itself. This is the second bike it has been on. Not the cheapest at around $100, but I think good for the price. You can spend a lot more on a dual sport specific bag. And possibly less. You might have a look at a company called OBR ADV Gear. He makes two different bags, both mount with straps and the smaller one is only 50 bucks. I have some saddle bags and grip mitts from OBR and they have served me well, went on a month long live off the bike trip with them, his stuff is nice and cheap for what you get.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CatFlap; 07-26-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

That Wolfman bag looks pretty darn good too! The measurements seem like they fit the XT350 well. I will report back on which I end up going with (might be a month or two. Or more...).
    Last edited by YBW; 07-28-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Autocorrect stuck again...

Sponosred Links