Aftermarket exhaust & carb options
Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Aftermarket exhaust & carb options

As many of you know, I have been fighting the idea that you can't power-wheelie a tw. So.... I picked up a 55t sprocket and was thinking maybe a new exhaust and re-jet with airbox mods might wake the little beasty up. I know that the exhaust wont do much but if it helps at all i'm willing to go ahead and pick one up. A dg is $160 on ebay.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I'm going to try a DG myself. I'm going to see how much I can squeeze out of the stock exhaust first with jetting. When I put the TM28 carb on for some testing it sure seemed to make the front end lighter. The flat slide carb just seemed to "spool up" quicker. I'm hoping that combining the TM28 and aftermarket exhaust will give mine so more pep! I'd say go for it!!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    As many of you know, I have been fighting the idea that you can't power-wheelie a tw. So.... I picked up a 55t sprocket and was thinking maybe a new exhaust and re-jet with airbox mods might wake the little beasty up. I know that the exhaust wont do much but if it helps at all i'm willing to go ahead and pick one up. A dg is $160 on ebay.

Best pipe I have heard so far is bikerjosh, he has the Big Gun and it sounded very dual sport, not to loud but throaty.

Ronnydog

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    I'm going to try a DG myself. I'm going to see how much I can squeeze out of the stock exhaust first with jetting. When I put the TM28 carb on for some testing it sure seemed to make the front end lighter. The flat slide carb just seemed to "spool up" quicker. I'm hoping that combining the TM28 and aftermarket exhaust will give mine so more pep! I'd say go for it!!

I have played with jets and nothing gets me where I want it. Is the tm28 a push/pull carb? I will see what kind of prices I can get for the carb and exhaust from work tomorrow. I wish someone made a full exhaust for the tw. Airbox mod, flat slide carb and exhaust... we shall see.
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

*I can pick up a TM28 for $110 from work. Are there any other carbs out there that I should look into or should I just go ahead and order this one?

*My cost for a DG is $157 for an "o" or "r" series but the "o" won't be available til late January. I'm thinking that I would rather wait til I can get the "o" series. TW200 DG exhausts

*The FMF would be $212.
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

I'm going to take LB at his word and avoid buying an aftermarket exhaust if all it really does is make it louder. I am still going to order the flat-slide carb and see how that does. Can I use my push/pull cable or do I need a pull cable?
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

Might be interesting what MrBracket's dyno runs reveal about carbs, cams, pipes, etc.

In the proper combination there may be some gains to be had. But I'm sticking to my story when it comes to otherwise stock TW's.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yeah i'm ready to see what an actual dyno will say about these. I may get an exhaust eventually but for now I am going to go with the carb. I don't want better top speed, just want to be able to get the wheel up while trail riding.
    '86 BW80 farkled to size

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    Yeah i'm ready to see what an actual dyno will say about these. I may get an exhaust eventually but for now I am going to go with the carb. I don't want better top speed, just want to be able to get the wheel up while trail riding.

You my need to add some HP to easly get the wheel up.

Ronnydog

I'm going to start on some carb testing soon, should be next week. I'm going to see on the dyno how much we can squeeze out of the stock carb first with jetting and exhaust. Also gonna pull off the side cover to see if the airbox is creating any kind of loss.

Then, I'll switch to the TM28 to see what kind of gains that will net with stock exhaust and aftermarket exhaust.

When I had the TM28 on there before, I just machined a little adapter to fit into the airbox side, the engine side fit into the stock rubber manifold. I used a whole different throttle tube and cable when I tested it the first time. The standard TM28 is not a push pull carb, just a single cable carb. We are going to build a custom cable we'll include in the whole carb kit that will fit in the stock TW200 throttle tube. You'll just run one cable instead of two. This of course assuming the TM28 is indeed a beter carb than stock. I'm betting it is, when I had it on mine it really felt like the flat slide made it take off quicker. The other thing about the TM28 is that the jets are much eaiser to get, and diffent needles are even availiable...

My "butt dyno" says the TM28 is a good mod, we shall see what the real dyno has to say.......

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links