OEM plastics
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 3 Post By GaryL

Thread: OEM plastics

OEM plastics

When buying OEM plastics from places like Partzilla, how do you know what color will ship? in most cases there is no description of the color with the exception of the side covers for some years. I just don't want to order the wrong thing.

Examples:
    3AW-28351-90-00 - 2017 cowl. Black?
    3AW-28351-90-00 - 2016 cowl. Black?
    3AW-28351-20-00 - 2015 cowl. White?
    3AW-28351-80-00 - 2014 cowl. Blue?

Is there some sort of color key to decipher what color will ship? I assume the 2nd to last set of numbers designate the color.

Thanks in advance
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Fred likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Pretty sure the plastics are readily available in either white or black only. What you do is decide if you want white or black and then search the site Purple posted for what year has that color. Then you go to partzilla and search those years to see what years they have that color listed as available. In 2005 the YB-0033 front fender in black is available but you might also see in other years that also have black front fenders they list them as unavailable. It is just a site glitch. Black is black and white is white so any year they show as either white or black as available will fit on your bike. The hard part in replacing plastics is getting the exact year with the exact decals and even harder if you have one of the odd colored bikes with plastics other than black or white. If you need a blue plastic fender then pretty sure you have to find it used off that year bike. Same thing if you want any year plastics with that years decals you also have to find them used.

GaryL
    Purple, Fred and TopPredator like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

2WheelPros.com sells TW graphics for some model years.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Pro cycle sells complete plastic sets. Two different front fender options. Black or white is the only color option on those though. But at least no part number deciphering is needed. (Color is fine with me, at some point I'm changing all the plastics to black on my 2017, which is blue and white)

I would think as long as you know what color the year you are looking at parts for was you should get the right color.
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the tips and feedback. After playing around with part numbers on Partzilla and how only certain years show up in the cross-reference list for the cowl and front fender, I think there is a chance some factory colors might be sent. I just placed an order for 2014 plastics and several but not all of the graphics. I like the blue to black fade and should look decent with my French blue frame and blue fork boots.

I just picked up a black Clarke tank and Seat Concepts cover. The Clarke tank doesn't line up with my right side cover I thought I'd get new plastics and just trim off the front mounting pin on the new one. I'm going to save the rainbow warrior parts just in case I want to switch back someday. Given the great condition mine are in and how rare the color scheme is, I didn't want to trim the pin off my '95 side cover.

What I think I'm getting in my order:

Front fender - Blue? - 10D-21511-00-00
    Cowl - Blue? - 3AW-28351-80-00
    Side covers - Deep Purplish Blue Metallic (noted in description) - 2YG-21711-00-0X and 2YG-21721-00-0X
    Rear fender - Black (noted in description) - 2YG-21611-00-00
    Misc graphics for side covers, front sides of rear fender, tire info decal for back of front fender, and Yamaha logos for cowl and back of rear fender.

Total cost was just under $300 with free shipping and close to $60 of it was for the graphics.

If they ship all black, it will be OK. I'll report back and let everyone know what I receive.
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Suppose Partzilla could be called to confirm correct colors of the order over the phone. Talk is cheap, incorrect part aren't.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I'd give them a call if I was you - particularly on the side panels .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Just thought I'd circle back and let everyone know how things turned out.

I was correct on the colors. The front fender is blue, side covers gloss black over flat black on bottom (not sure what that Deep Purplish Blue Metallic comment in the description was all about) and rear fender is gloss black. I'm confident the cowl will be blue.

Parts and graphics are same as this photo:
    Attachment 184112

Thoughts on Partzilla:
    - Excellent prices
    - Free shipping on orders over $149
    - Be very patient, they will try to hold everything to ship together. My order got delayed several times and items that previously were in-stock became out of stock later. They finally just shipped everything except for the cowl. I placed my order on 8/11 and just received everything except for the cowl today 9/7.

For people wanting to change up to the sandy beige plastics, it should be easy to get them from Partzilla. I suspect the most recent years are more likely to be in-stock. They appear to be able to ship plastic colors from the most recent 5 years or so.

Sponosred Links