Coleman Maddog Seat Cover
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Coleman Maddog Seat Cover

Coleman Maddog Seat Cover

Anybody using Coleman Maddog Seat Cover? I know its cheap but is it worth it to use them?
    Ken, jtomelliott49 and Gulfrider like this.

I liked mine for the first few rides, then it gradually went downhill and became worse than the stock seat.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I have had that pad for about three years. There are mixed opinions on them...so I will give you fact. Coleman Pads are the best pads in the world Nobody should use any other seat pad than the Coleman pad. Everyone should put a Coleman pad on their TW. I had a guy on this site less than enamored with the pad and gave it to me for the cost of shipping. I want to thank him again. MBW

I have ridden across the Upper Peninsula to Wisconsin and back in one day. With my Clarke Tank I can get close to 200 miles in range. I have no complaints. That pad works great for me. I did Iron Butt this weekend on my Bonneville. I should have put that pad on it.
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I do so enjoy these semi-regular reminders to wear a helmet.

The one I have on my TW probably has about 13,000 miles on it, got over 16K on the bike and put it on after a couple thousand miles on just the stock seat. It is breaking down but still seems to help a bit. It was actually quite nice for the first few thousand miles after I put it on. I also cut a piece out of an old 1/2" thick foam camping pad and slipped it under it. that helped a bit too. That is one thing you can do with the coleman pad to get a bit more out of it. Use it to hold more layers of padding down.

For like $15 on places like amazon and such I figure it can't be beat (At least when I got mine last year). There are better seat pads out there but for the price......

What I need to do is finally stop being lazy and cannibalize the Seat Concepts seat I kept off the bike I traded to the dealer for the TW, I kept most of the goodies off that bike in hopes of modding some to work on the TW. It is big enough I could trim the foam to fit and probably stretch the stock TW cover over it. Aftermarket seat foam is actually firmer. Which does not make sense at first that it is more comfortable but it is. They put really soft foam in stock seats on a lot of bikes so it is comfy on the test ride. But it squishes down and you are sitting on the pan on a long ride. Firmer foam feels rock hard at first but forms to your butt on a long ride and supports better to keep you off the seat pan.
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

Quote Originally Posted by onthelake View Post
    Anybody using Coleman Maddog Seat Cover? I know its cheap but is it worth it to use them?
    I'm not sure if it makes the ride better but it sure protects the seat from damage. I've had one on since day 2.
    jtomelliott49 and Ken like this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Ken
    I bought one for the TW but somehow it ended up on my other bike. Now since my TW seat is ripping I need to seal the tears and slap a Mad dog cover over it. These covers are comfortable I just wish they were water resistant. In the rain they absorb water like a sponge.
    Last edited by Ken; 08-20-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    Purple and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    These covers are comfortable I just wish they were water resistant. In the rain they absorb water like a sponge.
    Yeah that is a downside to them. I ride year round and it rains half the year here. Get a random dry day in the winter and I still have to wear my waterproof riding pants because of the seat.
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

I rode the lil' bucker all day yesterday, toward the end I felt like an iron butt, even did your so called "John Wayne" dismount. I definitely see a seat cover in my future. ...and risers...and man pegs....and....

I gave away my coleman seat pad away feeling it was both uncomfortable and ugly. The recipient likes it though. Go figure.
    Custom foam and a new cover felt better in my tastes, but have since gone to Seat Concept kits for both my TWs with greater satisfaction. Anything seems superior to the stock seat though for my 6 ft 195 lb frame. I spent a few hours on a stock seat last weekend and missed the greater comfort afforded by any seat improvement.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links