Yet Another Procycle Spring Review
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By YBW
  • 2 Post By Leisure Time Larry

Thread: Yet Another Procycle Spring Review

Yet Another Procycle Spring Review

Like most of my extracurricular purchases, I usually have to wait until an "I can't afford not to" kinda deal comes along to pull the trigger. A fellow forum member posted a set of Procycle fork springs (.70kg) and a Procycle rear spring (19kg) last week and I hopped on it. The price after shipping ended up being $132.

It took about an hour to install both the fork springs and the rear spring. Because I wanted to get an idea of how the springs themselves improved handling, I didn't do anything extra with the forks--just unscrewed the caps, fished out the old springs and spacers, and dropped the new springs in. No flushing, adjusting oil level, etc. The rear spring I set to the lowest preload.

I am only 150-155lbs so I was worried that the springs might be too heavy. They aren't. The front is spot on and the rear is just a little stiff, but with a possible swingarm extention on the horizon and once its loaded down with gear I think its going to be just fine.

The initial impression is nothing short of spectacular. The biggest problem I noticed before was loss of traction when headed uphill on washboard, I didn't realize how much the mushy suspention was affecting virtually every aspect of handling, from cornering on the street to mild off-road on level ground.

I'm sure massive gains can be had from just tuning the stock components (adjusting spacers, correct level/weight of oil), but if the improvement is this good from just swapping springs, I can't imagine how good a properly tuned setup with emulators, etc. would be. Even if you had to pay list price of $250 plus shipping for the springs it would still be worth is 5x over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Donzo, Ken, Dryden-Tdub and 3 others like this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Thanks for the review. If you are stoked about springs, you'd be over the moon with emulators. They are the best mod for the TW hands down, followed by a seat concepts.
    Ken and Badgerflorida like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Sponosred Links